PID / SSR Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoadKing

Reaction score
A buddy and I just put together a 1 bbl electric brewery. We got everything working but I'm not sure about PID operation in the HLT.. It gets to temperature and holds it at set point fine but it's always on, off, on off....to keep it there. will this affect the SSR (Shorten it's life) or is it what is supposed to do?. Or should we set the hysteresis for .5 of a degree to off set this?
It's a Mypin TA 4 If that matters.
Thanks in advance.

A buddy and I just put together a 1 bbl electric brewery. We got everything working but I'm not sure about PID operation in the HLT.. It gets to temperature and holds it at set point fine but it's always on, off, on off....to keep it there. will this affect the SSR (Shorten it's life) or is it what is supposed to do?. Or should we set the hysteresis for .5 of a degree to off set this?
It's a Mypin TA 4 If that matters.
Thanks in advance.

SSR's are intended for high speed switching. That's why they are used in these applications rather than mechanical relays.

Brew on :mug:

Back