PID Digital Temperature Control Controller eBay

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

W0rter

Reaction score
PID Digital Temperature Control Controller

Just curious would this work to simply monitor temperature of a BK and HLT? I have an Aubrins 2362 for my RIMS tube but thought it would be nice to keep a watchful eye on other pertinent temperatures on my panel, but not invest $80 to $90 per PID and Probe from Aubrins. If not could somebody point me to a cost effective alternative, preferably the same size as the Aubrins PID to simply monitor temps in my BK and HLT

If you're just monitoring the temp, why not get a thermometer? Seems to be more along the lines of what you want...

Na, got them. I want to visually see all temps at once on the panel.

Thanks Though.

No, I hate Celsius. I'm too old to learn new tricks. Thanks a bunch for checking that out. I found this one maybe that'll work and save a little. any more and I may as well go with the Aubrins like Troubs (fellow poster & Brewer) did.

Thanks for all the input. I'm either going to go with the Auber unit "Universal 1/32 DIN PID Temperature Controller for $36.95"

Auber1-32PID_zps318577dd.jpg

or a unit I found on eBay
eBay DIGITAL PID TEMPERATURE CONTROLLER for $19.35. This eBay unit is selectable for Celsius and Fahrenheit and works with RTD probes/Sensors in the PT100 style.

http://www.auberins.com/index.php?m...oducts_id=84:7a85527e93a08eb57131fde2003753a8.

eBay1-32PID_zps4e3b67bb.gif

Product Specifications
Product Number : tm7100rac85dc260v
Product Condition : 100% Brand New & High Performance
Display : 7-Segment, 4-Digit RED LED Display & RED LED Indicators
Temperature Display : Selectable °C Celsius or °F Fahrenheit
Power Supply Voltage : Universal 85-265V DC or 85-265V AC / 50~60Hz (<2w)
Measuring Range : -200°C ~ 2300°C [ -328°F ~ 4172°F ] (Depending on Thermocouple Type)
Accuracy : 0.2% FS
Resolution : 1°C, 1°F; or 0.1°C, 0.1°F with Pt100
Input Sensor Type : Support 10 Different Types of Commonly Used Temperature Sensors
Control Mode : PID, On-off, Limit
Output Mode : Relay Contact: 3A at 250VAC, SSR: 8V DC, 30 mA
Alarm Output : Process High/Low Alarm Output
Sampling Cycle : 4 Times / Second
Installation Type : Flush / Snap-in / Panel Mount
Panel Cutout Size : 44 mm x 21 mm [ 1¾" x ¾" ]
Dimensions : 48mm (W) x 24mm (H) x 75mm (D) [ 1¾" x 1" x 3" ]

Key Features

100% Brand New Item ! Top Quality & High Performance
This 1/32 DIN Intelligent and Auto-tune Digital Temperature Controller is designed in accordance with IEC1010-1 and is ideal for various household, institutional & industrial heating and cooling applications, such as brewery, espresso machine, coffee maker, kiln, furnace, oven, refrigerator, motor and solenoid valve control application...etc
Ideal for temperature display, monitor or controller
Auto-tuning function is specially designed for non-experienced novice users.
The PID control with artificial intelligent enhancement for precision temperature control
The output can be set for SSR output control or relay contactor control by the user.
Five types of control output methods
The built-in relay can be configured as PID or alarm output. It can also drive a small heater/device directly if the heater/device draws <3 Amperes.
Fully compatible with Thermocouples of types T, R,J,B,S,K,E,WRe3-WRe25 and Resistance-Type Temperature Detectors of Cu50 & Pt100
Two LED indicators for relay and control output indications
Compact design, easy to install and operate
A Type-K Thermocouple (2 meters wire and measuring up to 800°C) will be included.
NOTE: An external Solid State Relay (not included, available for purchase in our store) has to be added if the Temperature Controller is used to handle device (3 Amps or over) via SSR output.
The item has been tested in perfect condition and will be well packed for shipment to buyer.

This is the RTD Sensor I'll be using

RTDSensor_zps45c0b60d.jpg

Last question, seeing I'm only monitoring temperature and not controlling an element or anything I won't require an SSR or heat sink will I?
Not sure if I'll need an SSR but the relay is supposed to control the rapid on/off while the heat sink cools the relay maintaining a controlled temperature. Right?

That's right, the SSR is used for power control and the heat sink is for the SSR so you won't need that either.

Back