Pico Brew Unlimited. Worth it?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brew-in

Reaction score
Good Mornign Team,

Thought I would start a new thread for folks to comment on the New Pico Brew Unlimited. With Pico Packs running between $20 and $30, that means break even is somewhere between 20 and 25 kits a year for $500.

So 2 Pico kits a month breaks even...

Does not seem too bad a proposition...

It is still disappointing from a home brewers standpoint that they are still sticking with their proprietary RFID tagged package. It would be nice to be able to get my own ingredients and brew. I can do that with a Krieg.

At least the price point made a big jump down.

As best I cab sort out the Unlimited brew, the machine will notify Picobrew when you have brewed the 2 kits they send. Not until then can you reorder kits.

I activated my subscription this week and ordered my first 2. I wonder how long shipping time will be. When I ordered my free Picopak last month, I ordered it on June 30 and UPS says it was delivered July 14. Unfortunately, I think this will be "normal" as I'd guess it'll be 1week to make and 1week to ship. Even if I brew both right away, that means 4/mo or so. I'd like to see the turnaround time in ordering to delivery reduced.

I activated my subscription this week and ordered my first 2. I wonder how long shipping time will be. When I ordered my free Picopak last month, I ordered it on June 30 and UPS says it was delivered July 14. Unfortunately, I think this will be "normal" as I'd guess it'll be 1week to make and 1week to ship. Even if I brew both right away, that means 4/mo or so. I'd like to see the turnaround time in ordering to delivery reduced.

Check the shopping cart before you order and make sure they are in stock. It will say shipping in 1-3 days or out of stock will say 5-7 days or more.

From about a month ago: "We’re also working on predictively pre-building inventory for PicoPaks based on daily demand forecasts….our just-in-time manufacturing guarantees fresh product, but sometimes creates problems when daily demand spikes. We understand that this is particularly crucial for our BrewUnlimited backers so we are working to implement some of these measures as quick as possible."

I also assume that some of the additional production they were certainly using some of the KS funds for was never scheduled to be ready before Pico C shipping, which mucked things up once they decided to dump Pico S stock for space/rebranding/mollifying KSers who didn't understand the timeline/whatever.

I activated my subscription on 8/10 and ordered 2 packs, Chin Curtain IPA and Stargazer IPA, and they were delivered 8/22. It looks like they were not pre-ready and had to be put together. Hopefully, I can brew them both in the next few days.

I activated my subscription on 8/10 and ordered 2 packs, Chin Curtain IPA and Stargazer IPA, and they were delivered 8/22. It looks like they were not pre-ready and had to be put together. Hopefully, I can brew them both in the next few days.

So I got and brewed my 2 PicoPaks this past Sunday and ordered 2 more(Lucky Envelope Eniac and the Fate Brewing Moirai.) Both said would ship in 5-7 days, but they shipped within 3 by Wednesday. I don't think my other brews will be done fermenting by the time I get the new ones. So far, so good.

I have had mine going for a little over 2 weeks.. had 2 sent out.. and reordered my two.. my suggestion would be to check and see if your next order is in stock.... one of mine was not.. and that held up my shipment.

Latest posts

Back