Picking my next kit... need help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

year2beer

Reaction score
OK, need a challenge... but also a drinkable beer that almost everyone will enjoy. I'm just looking for kits that you enjoyed brewing and drinking...

Any recommendations are welcome. Looking to brew this winter...

Thanks!

If you're into IPA's, Northern Brewer's Sinistral Warrior IPA kit is great. Brewed multiple times and everyone loved it to death. I add 2oz Warrior hops for dry hopping though, but it's good either way. Cheers!

I'm fond of Austin Home Brew's Belgian White--the partial mash is what I've done twice and both times good. Not really a winter beer, but then again you're in the south. We got snow showers today here in Chicagoland! It'll only get worse until May now. Cheers.

brewers best dunkel. not too hoppy but hoppy enough.

My friends destroyed about 20 bottles of boundary waters wheat from Midwest Supplies last night. It was a hit. I was pretty happy that it went over so well as it's only my second one.

My friends really liked the Fat Tire clone (with S05 yeast) from austinhomebrew.com while my husband LOVED the caribou slobber kit from northernbrewer.com.

If you want to branch out from a kit a bit, but still have all the instructions, I posted a recipe for Dead Guy, a clone that come out really well if you like that beer. https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f66/dead-guy-clone-extract-ag-see-note-25902/

Austin Home Brew's has a bunch of clones and all are good, plus free shipping over 100usd, pick up a kit or two with some other things.

Back