Picked up a turkey fryer on sale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just1pepsi

Reaction score
Went to Sams with SWMBO and to my surprise she let me pick up a turkey fryer, 36qt version, same as all the other cheapies with the timer/safety stuff (to be bypassed before use)

I got to thinking about the belgian strong golden ale extract kit I have sitting around and ran the numbers through the beer recipator and found that my hop utilization with a full boil falls out in the middle of the style according to their website, and if I were to to a partial boil it would have been well below. (which sounds good to me, I'd like it to be style correct, and I'm somewhat surprised that the ibu's wouldnt be.)

Do you guys have any experience converting using that tool, so is it accurate and if not, can you point me in the direction of how to calculate it the old school way. (math)

excited to test the boiloff rate and do a full boil... getting baby steps closer to an all grain! :)

Latest posts

Back