Pick my new logo

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which one should be my logo?

• Label #1

• Label #2

• Label #3

• Label #4

• Label #5

• Label #6

• Label #7

• Label #8

• Those lables are terrible keep looking jerk.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Donthoseme

Reaction score
zombiebrewingcocopy.jpg

zbc2copy.jpg

ZombieBrewCo_copy.jpg

ZombieBrew.jpg

zombie1.jpg

ZBC.bmp

ZombieBrewCo.jpg

Zombie_Brewing_Co_LOGO.jpg

I don't really like any of them, maybe its just because I don't get peoples emphatuation with zombies though:confused:. 5 and 6 were the best of them though.

I'm completely disturbed by all but 6 and 7. Six reminds me of Iron Maiden and 7 is sort of, well, normal.

I'm another who doesn't get the whole zombie fascination.

Thanks for asking for my opinion. I like the 8th one the best. It is the least scary one.
I am sure you are aware you are targeting a niche market. However, if you are confident the niche market is what you are targeting and you know your message is desirable then all of the labels/logos are awesome.
Just a side note* Have you ever had the belgian beer named "Terriable"? For the longest time I didnt try until the guy at the beer store (whos opinion I like) asked me if tried it. I told him and he said do it, Its good. So I did. But for the longest time I never tried because of the name. I thought if they didnt like it why should i? silly i know and reverse whatever.

3, 5, or 8.

It' snot my thing either, but it's for Homebrew, right? It's not really a "market" unless you are planning on breaking the law. I think the last one captures the attention and focus your brain on the name of the brewery. It could be used as the main logo, while some of the other pictures could be nice for particular styles or recipes, along with the last one as a logo.

From a designer's point of view:
6 and 8 are tops (6 looks professional next to the rest) 6 is probably my favorite for a couple reasons:
a. I love oval labels on beer bottles aestically its pleasing to me.

b. its comical enough to not be horriably terrifying

c. its scarry enough to not be horriably "warm and fuzzy"

d. the type is clean, well thoughtout and well organized (the type in 7 is too hard to read for a label, the type in 8 doesn't feel strong enough to be by itself without anything else (though I love the simplicity of the label with blood stains) 1,2,4 they type feels to cliche (it doesn't have that slick look - no offence, but sort of like you did it in microsoft word - no offence)

e. its simple enough, yet complex enough - its a good logo from a designer's point of view and that is what I am.

I didn't want to offend you as these probably aren't for a brew you're getting ready to put out there on the national market and is just for friends/family/enemy's your trying to get drunk/children you want to scare so they don't drink but you asked for opinons and I gave mine and i figured I'd justify why I felt the way I did so that its at least constructive.

I don't label very often, but when I do I like to make something that looks professional so that when I give it to someone and the label looks like it could be purchased at a market they feel like I'm giving them a gift, and not that I'm too cheap to buy them a real beer. those are my .02 hope it helps.

I like #5 and #6... I agree that #6 is the most professional looking of the bunch.

I really like the concept of #5 with the arm reaching out of the ground, and I think that I would like it even more if that imagery were on an oval label like #6... It would be flippin'
sweet.

I understand and support your theme. It isn't meant for everyone and you've made a conscious choice to have your homebrew reflect your interests. If you wanted to please everyone you'd just make run of the mill beer with a run of the mill label. Worse yet, you'd just buy some swill off the shelf.

Kunstler's comments are spot on and show that you can give constructive criticism of something even if you don't like the subject matter. Six is the best and most professional looking but I am partial to number 3 as well just because hot zombies are a dichotomy. Do I bring her home to Mom? Can I feed her enough to keep me safe? Is room temperature going to feel good enough?

Maybe you should use zombie kittens to have a broader appeal to some people on here. Saying "Your idea/opinion sucks because I don't get it or I disagree" is a worthless response and in no way valid.

Kunstler's comments are spot on and show that you can give constructive criticism of something even if you don't like the subject matter. Six is the best and most professional looking but I am partial to number 3 as well just because hot zombies are a dichotomy. Do I bring her home to Mom? Can I feed her enough to keep me safe? Is room temperature going to feel good enough?

See, then it suddenly went weird. :confused:

:fro:

Well this is awesome! I didn't expect so much honest and helpful critism. I did not draw any of these. They were all donated by HBTers or friends. However i appreciate the insight and that little extra that i need to make the decision. Thanks so much everyone!

i liked 5 the best....but im pretty sure i would need a bottle in hand with each logo of each on it to give you the best answer. i will let you know once i get them :D

I pick #8. First, just for disclosure's sake, I'm not a zombie guy, so maybe my line of reasoning sucks.

That said, any would be fine for a label for a specific beer IMO. However, #8 would be an awesome logo for the brewery in general. I think it's cool, has a neat sort of neon effect, eye-catching, etc. Save the others for Rigamortis Ale or whatever.

Thanks to everyone who gave thier imput. There was an overall choice for lable #6!!!!! It looks like that will be my Zombie Brewing Co. Lable. Thank you to everyone who submitted their lables. They are all very good and thanks to all you talented artist/brewers i will have a great supply of lables for all my different beers. I'm always looking for new art so if you feel like you have a lable that would be better then feel free to e mail it to me. Again i wanted to thank all the label submitters and those who gave thier imput!!!!

BREW ON!!

haha that's right i should have put your name. I would like to thank and congradulate the winner celestialparsnip . Your lable will go down in history as the amazing ZBC logo!!

Back