Photos of your part of the world

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RichBrewer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I thought it would be interesting if folks could post photos they have taken of where they are from. Maybe something of interest or unusual or just beautiful. There are so many folks from all over the world that I think this could really be neat.
My Photo is of Ranger lakes. It is in the State Forest area west of Ft. Collins Colorado in the Rocky Mountains:
RangerLakes.jpg

Can't really find any great images, but one of my favorite places on earth is the Woolaroc museum. It's north of Bartlesville, OK. The painting above is on display there. It was Frank Phillips (of Phillips Petroleum) get-away place. He and his wife a buried there. It is also an expansive wildlife preserve:

The main museum building:

woolaroc4.jpg

Main entrance:

woolaroc1.jpg

The Phillips' mosoleum:

woolaroc_mausoleum.jpg

Here are a few picks from Hawaii, where I used to live
Waikiki from Diamond Head
4137-scan0011.jpg

Sunset on the East Side of Oahu
4137-scan0007.jpg

Koko Head Crater
4137-scan0010.jpg

Temporary home. Edinburgh
6704-IMG_3651-1.jpg

Home Sweet Home. Harvesting future beer. Ok, proabably bread, but maybe a good wheat beer.
6704-P1010040.JPG

View of Boston from Revere, MA apartment:
5915-BostonView.jpg

Downtown Boston by boat (I work in the bottom-right building:
5915-BostonWater.jpg

View of Boston from Geroge's Island (south):
5915-BostobGeroges.jpg

These are not my pictures but, here goes.

1640a.jpg

This is a picture of Four Peaks outside of Phoenix from last March. There is a brewery in Tempe named after it.

122769536_8a5fde77cb.jpg

View of Phoenix from South Mountain. This trailhead starts about 3 miles from my house.

152529823_e042775de8.jpg

View of Camelback Mountain in the distance.

Ok, near my house this past summer after some serious rain

CDOWash.jpg

SWMBO on Mt Lemmon
mt_lemmon2.jpg

That's me, taking the picture
mt_lemmon1.jpg

Bonus points. Anyone guess where this is? Double Bonus, and it's called?
slideRock.jpg

desertBrew said:
slideRock.jpg

If it's near Tucson DB, I HAVE to see that when I'm down there next visiting my mom in SV. Is it like that only during monsoon or is it year round?

Ize

(And no, no idea what it's called.)

Nothing in Atlanta worth taking pictures of, surrounded by Pine trees, that's why I love it out West. Got plenty of pictures from there..

Here's a picture of the tallgrass prairie of the Flint Hills region of Kansas. This is from the Konza Prairie preserve, a few miles from my house.

Konza_web.jpg

People (including me, when I moved here), are often very surpised to learn that there is a part of Kansas that is very hilly. Because it is crappy crop land (hilly, rocky), much of the Flint Hills area looks pretty-much like what it has alwasy looked like.

desertBrew said:
slideRock.jpg

sliderock outside Sedona. Not as many cliffs to jump off of as Grasshopper point, but Slide is still cool as hell

Ize said:
If it's near Tucson DB, I HAVE to see that when I'm down there next visiting my mom in SV. Is it like that only during monsoon or is it year round?

Ize

Your coming to SV? Let me know when and Ill pour you a couple brews

Chimone said:
Your coming to SV? Let me know when and Ill pour you a couple brews

Nothing set in stone yet. Was targeting this coming summer but with SWMBO's job change nothing is for certain, but when I do I'll make sure I give you a shout.

Ize

olllllo said:
Zonies are winning this round.

Not surprised, there's nothing to show you from this part of Illinois. Unless you're into looking at winter wheat, empty fields, or dead prairie grass....

Now that's some excitin' stuff! :(

Ize

Ize said:
Not surprised, there's nothing to show you from this part of Illinois. Unless you're into looking at winter wheat, empty fields, or dead prairie grass....

Now that's some excitin' stuff! :(

Ize

Ya, it was a stretch for me to do the Chicago skyline seeing that it's a 30 minute ride from my house with no traffic, but there isn't much picture worthy. My area consists of corn fields and subdivisions that used to be corn fields.

rdwj said:
Ya, it was a stretch for me to do the Chicago skyline seeing that it's a 30 minute ride from my house with no traffic, but there isn't much picture worthy. My area consists of corn fields and subdivisions that used to be corn fields.

What can you tell us about this place?

152107736_94f20fa702_m.jpg

Chimone said:
sliderock outside Sedona. Not as many cliffs to jump off of as Grasshopper point, but Slide is still cool as hell

Ding ding ding ding. Sorry Ize, that's about 4 hours north.

olllllo said:
These are not my pictures but, here goes.

1640a.jpg

This is a picture of Four Peaks outside of Phoenix from last March. There is a brewery in Tempe named after it.

122769536_8a5fde77cb.jpg

View of Phoenix from South Mountain. This trailhead starts about 3 miles from my house.

152529823_e042775de8.jpg

View of Camelback Mountain in the distance.

Man, you are bringing back serious memories there. I climbed every single one of those. The best one there that I climbed was I think a place called Humphrey's Peak up near Jerome, AZ.

Phoenix is such a beautiful city.

2113-img_0985.jpg

I'd post a shot of Wy east (Mt. Hood), but I've never had the camera along when you could actually see it.

Now this page is going to load even slower:

I used to live closer to Boston. Here is a nice sunrise skyline shot for which I even calculated the day when I could take it and got up real early:
2249-Boston_skyline_sun_rise_4.jpg

This is a panorama of the boston metro area:
2249-Mt.Auburn_Cemetry_panorama.jpg

And this is a panorama of the White Mountains in NH where I used to go much more often:
2249-South_Twin_Mtn_panorama.jpg

P.S. Looks like pictures are reduced in size when uploaded to the Gallery :(

Kaiser said:
I used to live closer to Boston. Here is a nice sunrise skyline shot for which I even calculated the day when I could take it and got up real early:
Great photos, Kai! hmm, to me that look like you must have been in the Somerville/Medford/Arlington area to get that specific view. Then again, maybe you were up in Burlington with a kick aZZ lens!!!

Back