Photos of your part of the world

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sunday afternoon my 3-year-old son asked to go to the beach. We decided to go for the sunset and play in the sand. We got there at about 7:30 as the sun was going down. This is Redondo Beach at the pier.

SWMBO and Ethan
beach1.jpg

Redondo Beach with the Palos Verdes Peninsula barely visible throught the fog in the background
beach2.jpg

Sunset
beach3.jpg

Sandcastles: Me and Ethan
beach4.jpg

Ethan having fun
beach5.jpg

please tell me you don't fly an F-16 for a living. If so im jealous as hell. bad ass picture BTW.

Ryanh1801 said:
please tell me you don't fly an F-16 for a living. If so im jealous as hell. bad ass picture BTW.
No, I fly a desk. ;) I'm a techno-geeky computer nerd and I'm working on a PhD at A&M right now. The only jet I've flown is a T-37. That was pretty cool!

Pirate Ale said:
I know it is simple, but my beer buzzed brain cannot figure out how to post a picture? HELP>>>:mad:
I am sure there is more than one way but when you are in the "Reply to Thread" page if you scroll down there is a Manage Attachments tab under the Additioinal Options Section.
You will be able to Upload your picture there and then attach it to your post at the top of the reply screen.
Hope this makes some sense.

olllllo said:
We aren't officially in the Monsoon this year yet, but we did get a Haboob tonight. Here's an older photo (not mine) of what that looks like.

28896277_e2bc3a0205.jpg

These dust clouds get up to 3-4,000 feet. Camelback Mt is in the background.

Looks like last night you got sandblasted as well.

http://www.kpho.com/news/13720856/detail.html

We took all the rain (good amount too!) and left you in the dust :p.

Wianae Mtns, view looking across Schofield Barracks:

Sunset:
burnignsky.jpg

Afternoon:
waianaemtns.jpg

SWMBO and rugrat at Ehukai (Banzai Pipeline) just after sunset (taken on phone):
0712071937a.jpg

And here is the front yard of my real home back in Michigan:
fyard.jpg

Steve-H said:
A quick couple:
487338310_a2e03d7b40_o.jpg

Those hi-flange hubs are screaming fixie. Do you ride a lot? I'm currently in LA (missing my hometown Portland, OR more and more everyday, for obvious reasons) and my fixed-gear is the only way I get anywhere in this city.

ranch

bump... I can't figure out how I missed this thread before...

no pictures of my town... if you blink while driving through it, you missed it... but a couple pics of my backyard...

Snow01-04-0704.jpg

Party shack on the pond, Last winter
Property09-19-0704.jpg

Another part of my backyard & future apple orchard

Where I live is generally way to boring for pictures, but here's one that's not bad:
Picture%20145.jpg

The quad

img010.jpg

Name this peak?

IMG_0139.jpg

Co - Aspens

IMG_0132.jpg

Steamboat - not B&W

SWMBO in my favorite part of the world. Underwater.

This was taken in Little Cayman last Oct. For us, used to diving in New England where a day of 30 foot of visability is a day you go home and call all your friends and say, "Man, you missed SUCH a good day today!" and mean it, diving in 150 foot visibilty was totally unbelievable. I asked her to marry me at 100 FSW and the people still on the boat watched.

cayman5-06-1.jpg

Paul

z987k said:
Where I live is generally way to boring for pictures, but here's one that's not bad:

img010.jpg

Name this peak?

Looks like Lone Peak in Big Sky to me. I'll be there riding next week.

Here's one of my favorite spots along the Boulder River
DSC00943.jpg

Back