Phish - Miami NYE

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Source?

Not that I'm saying you are incorrect, but I can't find any official word. They haven't announced fall dates yet - supposedly due to sluggish Festival8 ticket sales - let alone NYE.

And I suppose it doesn't matter anyway as Miami is too far for me to travel. I already logged too many hours in the car to see them this summer!

I missed the tour this year. I was checking this weekend for any future dates and saw nothing listed except fot the Halloween shows out in CA.

I will hit them up next time around if I get the chance.

I'm not sure if other people view Dave Matthews band as a similar type excellent jam band like I do, but I saw them this weekend in Camden and it was so amazing I could not believe it.

Only problem was that we consumed so much homebrew before the show we felt like those old guys in the "always going" commercials. At one point between the two bands we hit the head, stood around talking for like 10 minutes and then just hit the head again. At least we got a good laugh out of it.

I hadn't seen DMB for 13 years, but caught their set at the 10,000 Lakes Festival this summer. Not bad, but I didn't find it too adventurous, musically.

I recorded the show and, despite a little wind, it sounds pretty decent. You can download it here:
http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=527231

Well, if its true, there is no way I could make it. I'll be driving back up to Cleveland after my vacation. If its somewhere along the way, I'll be there. Miami couldn't be more out of the way.

Looks like they might be playing in Cinci in November though!!! Anyone want to put me up for the weekend? I'll bring beer!

Anyone get tickets? Just got notified that I got Friday in Cincinnati.

On that note, does anyone have a Saturday they would want to trade? I could swing friday, but I'd have to leave work a little early to drive down.

nice guys i like that. you hear the new rumors now... 2 or 3 nights in hampton(i cant remember), then 2 nights atlanta, the nye miami. cant wait.

I know a guy at Sierra Nevada. They are brewing a beer called FOAM for Phish's Festival8 - anyone going? Here was his comment when asked last week what he thought of it:

Very Good just tried the fermenter today and it will be packaged Tuesday. It's a standard Pilsner. Refreshing but with some noble hop bitterness and flavor. We will also pour Pale. Our guy called me about a month ago and asked it we would do a lighter lager for the fest... How would you reply? A chance to make a beer for Phish Festival 8. Some other genius came up with FOAM.

Can I have a cup of FOAM? Just make sure you weigh it, first.

much better name for a beer edcculus. the pilsner kinda turned me off. there is obviously not going to be any bottles for the beer, but i wonder if there will be art work. i mean they have to advertise it somehow.

Quick question on the only forum where I ever ask questions.

I would like to add a few recent recorded shows to my mp3 collection. I don't do sharenet stuff or any of that newfangled stuff. I'm just looking for a few straight mp3 downloads. Anyone got a link for an old guy?

I would like to add a few recent recorded shows to my mp3 collection. I don't do sharenet stuff or any of that newfangled stuff. I'm just looking for a few straight mp3 downloads. Anyone got a link for an old guy?

I'll see what I can scrounge up. Most of the stuff available is in FLAC or another lossless format via bit torrent. You can always buy recordings in any format on livephish.com

i will post a link to audience recordings of all their shows. no live phish releases, but everything else. lots of sbd's too.

Still waiting for the official announcement for NYE.... Being that I live in Ft Lauderdale, I'm really hoping its a go, and all signs point in that direction, but you can never put anything past these guys. The only show I got to hit up this year was Knoxville...

dontman try this: http://www.phishows.com/ I haven't downloaded anything from there in a while but pretty sure that's what your looking for.

Still waiting for the official announcement for NYE....

It was 'semi-officially' confirmed over the weekend. In the Playbill that announced that Exile On Main Street was the Halloween cover album there was an ad for shows at Miami's American Airlines Arena December 28, 29, 30 & 31 (those dates *are* available at the venue). Of course the artist is not listed as Phish, but a double-bill of David Bowie and UB40 :D

http://consequenceofsound.net/2009/11/02/phish-confirms-new-years-eve-in-miami/

I know a guy at Sierra Nevada. They are brewing a beer called FOAM for Phish's Festival8
[snip]

So he sent me a sticker for the beer - figured I'd post it here:

snfoamsticker.jpg

Not that I'm a Pilsener kind of guy - I prefer my palate to be beaten senseless by hops - but I would have loved to taste it!

Well we finally got the official announcement today! I know it was pretty much a sure thing, the rumors had been around since the spring, but its good to see it actually confirmed on their website. See you all there!

I wish I was going to make it. Just a little to far for me this year. Have a blast!!

Whassap Phish Heads!

Dontman - I'm an admin for Phish on etree.org (the music trading site). If there's a show or two that you absolutely must have, let me know and I'll see what I can do. If I don't have it, I can get it from the good folks at week4paug.net or shnfamily.

Ah I knew homebrewers kept good coimpany! So glad to see some kids following phish on the thread. Being slammed with work all summer, I haven't caught any of the shows. Last time I saw the boys was in camden right before coventry like 6 years ago. I'm aching for it and I'm going to get my fill next weekend. John Paul Jones arena, here we come, prepare yourself for a convergence of epic proportions!

At the last minute, I decided to go to Wednesday's (11-25-09) in Philly. I picked up 17th row, Page side floor, for $25- Mail order too! Tickets were everywhere. The economy has hit the lots I guess.

At the last minute, I decided to go to Wednesday's (11-25-09) in Philly. I picked up 17th row, Page side floor, for $25- Mail order too! Tickets were everywhere. The economy has hit the lots I guess.

It was the same in Cinci. Tons of extras - some were being left in the chain link fence, free for the taking!

I took a road trip today and heard most of 11/21 and 11/24. Damn this band is on a tear right now! Wish I was hitting the East Coast for the rest of this run...

Was at Albany last night. Yowser. UNREAL show for 2009 and I'm a long timer. Been seeing these guys since early 90's.

If you haven't heard the second night of Albany yet, please do soon. Sick second set.

Long weekend. Having one stout and off to bed.

I made it to Philly on Tuesday night. Great night! Very good show. Great beer. Started at South Philly Tap Room and then tailgated with some 6 month aged Belgian Pale that was just stellar after 4 months without sampling it.

Back