Philly Beer Week Event at Oakmont National Pub

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveM

Reaction score
For folks in the Philly area, or visiting for beer week.

There is an IPA home brew contest of sorts at the Oakmont National Pub in Havertown on June 8th. I think it's at 7:00 but I'm not sure.

http://www.oakmontnationalpub.com/

I mention this because I will have an IPA entered. A bunch of patrons of BYOB in Havertown were invited to submit an IPA. John Reynolds at BYOB (http://brewyourownbeerhavertown.com/) offered to pick up the tab for the hops as an inducement, so I hurried and got one done. Unfortunately, no one who entered had one in the bottle five weeks ago when the invitations went out, so all the beers will be a bit green.

Anyway, I will have an entrant, but sadly, will probably be unable to attend. It looks like I will be out of town for work, so I'm sending a proxy. I tried one of my test bottles and it is very good (easily better, for my tastes, than the Yards Philadelphia Pale Ale that I followed it with). But it is still pretty cloudy (I didn't get a great cold break and forgot to use Irish Moss) and didn't have a great head (though retention was very solid).

Anyway, my beer will be there, even though I won't be, and so will about ten others. Stop by if you are in the area.

Man, I wish I would have known about this in time to enter my Two-Hearted clone :mad: I am in Conshohocken so I may take a drive down after work on Tuesday and at least try and sample :ban:

It's so lame that I find out about a nearby homebrew store and community via the forum rather than...the phone book? Google?

I'm not going to have anything anywhere near ready (coming off almost a year's hiatus), but I'm just over in Springfield, so I'll try to stop by. Good luck!

Phone book? Does that have a search feature? : )

Well, here's your chance to learn more. Stop in, and get on John Reynold's email list so you can come to the tastings that he holds every month (during brewing months) or every other month (summer).

Latest posts

Back