Philly Beer Bar Raided....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Meantime, this thing continues to draw coverage in the news here. Pennsylvania brewers, keep hammering on this issue with the governor's office. Rendell is pretty sensitive to the issue, he was the one who dictated that PLCB enforcement vehicles would no longer be allowed to sit outside of Canal's in Jersey or Tri-State Beverage in Delaware and then follow and arrest people with Pennsylvania plates as they re-enter the state.

From today's paper - if you aren't pissed already, this will help:

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/colu...en_Heller__A_tall__cool_glass_of_context.html

That Heller gal is another idiot. Instead of coming up with new and interesting ways to tax us to cover the $150M shortfall, how about cutting costs. Isn't this case a prime example of government waste?

But since diet drinks will be exempt, it's a great idea.

That Heller gal is another idiot. Instead of coming up with new and interesting ways to tax us to cover the $150M shortfall, how about cutting costs. Isn't this case a prime example of government waste?

Well, I really linked it because it's relevant to the beer raid discussion. We could go back and forth all day about taxes and spending. It seems like that should be another thread in another section.

So true at every level... For example: We just rec'd a letter from the fed gov't telling us to expect another letter (the census) soon. Even at the (best rate of that postage) * (all the people in the country) = are you kidding me!? How many people could that letter to everyone about another letter to everyone have fed?

According to NPR, the hearings on the beer registration list are going to be about whose responsibility it is to make sure the beers are registered - brewers, distributors, or the bars. The story didn't seem to indicate that they would really be talking about whether or not the whole concept of the registration list is outdated.

Other topics of discussion may be over whether or not to make the PLCB enforcement officers full fledged state police officers so that they can focus on bars where stuff like drug deals happen. According to the guy they talked to the PLCB enforcement officers can't do that right now and if they were in a bar and saw a drug deal take place, they would have to call the police.

According to NPR, the hearings on the beer registration list are going to be about whose responsibility it is to make sure the beers are registered - brewers, distributors, or the bars. The story didn't seem to indicate that they would really be talking about whether or not the whole concept of the registration list is outdated.

Other topics of discussion may be over whether or not to make the PLCB enforcement officers full fledged state police officers so that they can focus on bars where stuff like drug deals happen. According to the guy they talked to the PLCB enforcement officers can't do that right now and if they were in a bar and saw a drug deal take place, they would have to call the police.

I suspect that based on correspondence I've had with one of my State Reps, the hearings will at the least touch on the raids and the effectiveness of the current process. We'll see.

Latest posts

Back