pH of finished un-carbed beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UltraHighABV

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the ballpark pH range should be for finished, uncarbonated beer? Beer that is done fermenting and about to be kegged?

I did some searching but couldn't locate anything concrete

Thanks!

Thanks, I have already tried that and wasn't able to come up with the information I'm looking for, which is why I posted the question.

can anyone provide the pH range for fermented beer that hasn't been carbonated yet?

From the BYO article in the google link above:

"The yeast strain chosen can affect the final beer pH. Most lager beers finish at 4.2–4.6, with some ales ending as low as 3.8."

thanks not sure how i missed that....

anyway, i brewed a dopplebock 2 weeks ago; its done fermenting and when I checked the FG i tasted it and got this flavor i can only describe as somewhat astringent, which remained on my tounge for 5 minutes after drinking, it stopped short of 'tingling' my tounge but it was close;

i was almost sure the beer was to acidic as i didnt have a ph meter when i made this one and just tossed in some acid into the mash

i just measured the ph and its 4.33 so im not sure what this taste is, any ideas?

Back