Pets...And Why We Love Them (Pay Homage Here)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well heres "The Outlaw Josey Wales" aka Joe
_MG_1965.jpg

_MG_1959.jpg
b

moe.jpg

maggie.jpg

fire.jpg

Maggie is a cocker spaniel, had 3 days left when I got her. First dog, now 10 yrs old.

Moe is an english bulldog, got him after I had her for a year.

Moe loves the woodstove- begs for fire as soon as it gets chilly.

Dude that pup make me piss my pants.

i try hard not to stereotype dogs but the last time I came close to a pit I was on my bike and had all I could do to get away from him.

No one needs to worry unless they try and break in or hurt his family. I train him hard and socialize him well. As long as you are cool about all he will do is lick ya to death.

i try hard not to stereotype dogs but the last time I came close to a pit I was on my bike and had all I could do to get away from him.

Pits love to chase things- I doubt it was even a Pit. Most people cant pick out a Pit in a lineup.

nystevecf

Ive seen far too many people claim that dog to be a pit bull after an attack. It really make me sad. Im glad you havent had his ears cut

These guys let me live here with them:

mojo.jpg

jake_mojo.jpg

Plus a couple others of which I don't have a pic handy at the moment, but one is a 16-year-old calico I've had since she was a kitten, and the new addition, a big Russian blue from the Humane Society.

Pits love to chase things- I doubt it was even a Pit. Most people cant pick out a Pit in a lineup.

nystevecf

Ive seen far too many people claim that dog to be a pit bull after an attack. It really make me sad. Im glad you havent had his ears cut
They both have cropped ears. The problem is everyone claims any mix to be part pit. I train dogs for a living and trust me when I tell you people I have zero issues with pit's its all about training and raising them properly. The wrong hands can make any dog human and animal agressive.

In doing protection work I train them a lot using their prey drive (urge to chase things) All dogs have it, just a matter of teaching them how and when to properly use it.

(attached a sideshot so you can see his ears, not the same as a pit crop)

side1.jpg

Ahh- I am one of the few that think cropping tails and ears is just stupid and really detracts from the overall look of the dog.
Without it done they just look like a smaller bullmastiff, and it has practical reasoning behind it as well.

Bier,
I think with a nut shot your pup could take mine.

Lucy the blacklab:
iphone_9-10_059.jpg

Ten years old and still jumps around like a puppy when I get home. I got her from the shelter. She was the runt of the 8 puppy litter and was the only one that didn't try to eat my shoelaces when I went in their pen. She just stood there and looked at me. She's great with the kids and hasn't minded losing a bit of our attention with their arrival.

How did I miss this thread?

Here's my little monster (Bailey) and the inspiration for the brewery- Barking Beagle. We adopted him from the SPCA last September when he was just shy of a year old. I happened to be at the SPCA when he was surrendered. He spent less than 12 hours there.

bailey_flash.jpg

IMG_3744.JPG

Right is my parents dog who I am greatly attached to, Lizzie the border collie, left is my old dog who I had to give up to get my commission, Hemlock the doby/rott mix

DSCF0520.JPG

This is my doggy, my boozehound. She likes to knock over my beer to drink it. She is a Isabella and Tan mini daschund. Her name is Izzy!

IM000264.JPG

Leo, my girlfriend's cat and the reason I began to like cats.
919509565_c3e54c16e8_b.jpg

Jack, a bengal I bought after I realized cats were cool. He likes to drink from faucets, beg for human food, and can make more sounds than a parrot.
949713775_ae093d891f_b.jpg

Charlie, the bengal my girlfriend and I bought once we moved in together. He was orgininally supposed to be a playmate to Jack since Jack was wild. Little did we know Charlie would be even wilder.
919509437_3c13bef181_b.jpg

los gatos del diablo:
DSC_0141.jpg

Puss on the left, me passed out in the middle and Dookie on the right....

The dog, Moe:
DSC_0017.jpg

And I couldn't resist these one of my mom's dog, Matix at our family reunion this summer...
DSC_0248.jpg

DSC_0253.jpg

This is Shinoda. I'm a HUGE Mustang person, and I named him after Larry Shinoda, who is the father of the Boss Mustang. I call him Boss for short so its fitting :rockin:

257155.jpg

This is Bernie. He will be 12 in November. He has beat cancer twice, and is hands down awesome. He love eating snow and turkey sammiches.
test2.jpg

Wow, he's gorgeous. I love Bernese Mountain Dogs.

Thank you. He's been nothing but an awesome dog. He lives back in MA and i'm working down in CT. I can't tell ya how much I miss him sometimes. I love big dog breeds the best hands down.

Thank you. He's been nothing but an awesome dog. He lives back in MA and i'm working down in CT. I can't tell ya how much I miss him sometimes. I love big dog breeds the best hands down.

The shelter that we are about to adopt from has a bernese and we really want him but we have to move often and we're afraid having a big dog will make it more difficult to find a place to rent.

We might get him anyway.

Orfy, do you have an idea what breeds are in your dog? I swear, he's almost the splitting image of Josh the dog my wife and I rescued from Hurricane Katrina.

Shelter dogs rock. Josh has to be the most loving and appreciative dog I have ever met. :D

Shelter dogs rock. Josh has to be the most loving and appreciative dog I have ever met. :D

This makes me happy. I used to work at an excellent animal shelter in Maine and it makes me happy to hear people say this. This attitude means one less that I would have to “take out back.” Shelter animals are really the best. You know what you are getting and it’s a healthy animal. (More so then pet stores/most breeders) This is my Shelter dog. Her name is Nori and is the best dog I could ever ask for (and one of 5 cats Miso.)

misonoricouch2.jpg

The shelter that we are about to adopt from has a bernese and we really want him but we have to move often and we're afraid having a big dog will make it more difficult to find a place to rent.

We might get him anyway.

Not only is it difficult to find places to rent, but they tend to have problems with moving also. When we go up to our vacation place he can't get situated for a few days. He knows it's his place, but it's not home.

Either way they are one of the most kind and compassionate dogs.

My two BITCHES
741653203_l.jpg

this is katchoo & integra...
katchoo is a yellow lab & mini husky mix smart & jealous *****

integra is now 110lbs I got her from a rescue so i dont know the breeds.....hard headed like an irishman LOL

this is my friends husky we are sitting this week.. kota is having a blast, but is missing our attention..

btw, this dog's name is zombie (because of the bi-eyes)..

Picture_0042.jpg

This is Spenser, taken about six years ago shortly after my older daughter was born. He'll be 7 on Wednesday. He looks the same, but a bit grayer in the chin.

Maddie 033.jpg

Back