Persimmon Wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrmedic

Reaction score
Hello everybody my name is Kevin I acquired about 30 pounds of persimmons along acorn shape variety. I let them soften like an overripe banana to really bring out there juice. I then pureed it bagged it and froze it before using it. When I was ready I thawed it added 25 lb of sugar for a full volume of 15 gallons.

I added k Meta and pectic enzyme and waited 24 hours. The next day I oxygenated with pure oxygen and added 4 packets of wine yeast. It's been fermenting now with staggered nutrient additions for a week starting gravity was 1.100 I will rack it to a secondary tomorrow the gravity is now 1.020.

My question for the group is that I have a lot of fruit solids still in suspension, does anybody cool it down to help settle before racking?

Attachments

• IMG_20181125_122121_453.jpg
    IMG_20181125_122121_453.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 79
I have no answer, however that wine sounds delicious. Good luck and feel free to give more details on that wine if you're so inclined.

Latest posts

Back