Perpetual NY/NJ/CT bulk grain thread?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry guys, I had a crazy day and wasn't able to get totals together. I have a really busy weekend ahead, but I'll do my best to post the totals.

Sorry guys, I had a crazy day and wasn't able to get totals together. I have a really busy weekend ahead, but I'll do my best to post the totals.

Your screwin' my pipeline dude! haha I can't believe you didn't put you'r life on hold for our bulk grain order!

...I think I speak for everybody when I say we appreciate your efforts you've already made to better our common hobby and make things more economical for all! :mug: If there's anything that can be done to help you out, let me know. Until than, enjoy what's left of the weekend!

I'm going to order a some Pac Man yeast, kolsch, and maybe a saison, to add to my yeast bank for the upcoming year's brewing. Since NB only charges $8 bucks flat shipping, if anyone in within the exit 116-Exit 98 on the GSP or in Manhattan are interested in getting in, let me know. For reference I live off of exit 109 and work in Manhattan.

I'm going to order next week however I'm not going to ship until Feb 10th so let me know what you want and I'll add it to my order. You can paypal me or you can give me cash when you see. The shipping's on me so feel free to opt in.

Flananuts

I've posted total amounts in the first post of the thread. I have to check with NCM again tomorrow in order to finalize totals for pickledherring and myself, as a couple of the grains on our orders seem to be priced incorrectly on the quote. Hopefully I'll be able to post those totals tomorrow.

The shipping price works out to $135 (freight to NYC including advance call) + $18.00 fuel surcharge= $153.00 / 42 bags = $3.65 per bag

Also, if you notice your total is a few cents more than the listed price in the sales book, the quote shows most bags at about 8 cents per bag higher than the listed price. This must be some small fraction per pound that they don't bother listing in the sales book.

At your earliest convenience, please send payment via Paypal to jo*shua.fiel*ds<at>gm*ail<dot>com (remove asterisks and change "at" and "dot" of course). Important: please send payment as a personal transfer, otherwise I'll incur fees and will have to bill you for them. Also, if at all possible send the payment using a bank account or Paypal balance. If you have to send it using a credit or debit card, you'll need to add 2.9% plus 30 cents to your total to cover Paypal fees. If anyone needs to send a check or money order, let me know and I'll PM you my address. Paypal will be most expedient of course.

Thanks all -- and the sooner all payments are received, the sooner we get the goods!:mug:

Payment sent.
FYI I cannot make a run for grain until I get back from sunny S Fla, around 2-11 or so. If someone from central/south jersey near exit 109 would pick up my grain I would appreciate it. Otherwise, when I get back I can make the trip up. I'll be around the house that weekend making beer of course :)

pickledherring, your total is now posted. NCM made an error on the last quote and still had the acidulated at 1000# pricing. Now we're on track. As soon as all payments are made, I'll confirm the order and let everyone know the shipping arrangments.

Thanks to everyone who has paid so far!

Josh

Attention: ajf & lenny -- you both made payments using a funding source for which Paypal charged a fee, but you didn't factor this into your payments.

Please send the following to adjust this so I'm not paying fees out of pocket:

ajf: $2.69 x 2.9% + .30 = $3.07

lenny: $1.09 x 2.9% + .30 = $1.43

For everyone who hasn't yet paid, please review the notice in my payment instructions post and make these adjustments ahead of time so I don't have to deal with them.

Thanks!

hello fellows. i've been reading through all the posts and maybe it's fatigue setting in, but i can't figure out how to get in on a bulk buy. i'm very interested in a bag of Maris Otter, but i don't know what i need to do or how much that would be. Help is very much appreciated.

*and if i'm a ******* and can't read, please point that out if you wish, but a link to what i missed would rule. :)

hello fellows. i've been reading through all the posts and maybe it's fatigue setting in, but i can't figure out how to get in on a bulk buy. i'm very interested in a bag of Maris Otter, but i don't know what i need to do or how much that would be. Help is very much appreciated.

*and if i'm a ******* and can't read, please point that out if you wish, but a link to what i missed would rule. :)

You're just a little too late on this order! The good thing is, you're now in the right place. I'm quite sure once this buy is wrapped up, the next pallet will begin to fill quickly...:mug:

You're just a little too late on this order! The good thing is, you're now in the right place. I'm quite sure once this buy is wrapped up, the next pallet will begin to fill quickly...:mug:
not a problem. i'm cramped for space right now. this will give me time to make some.

So...awesome! Here i am when the next train pulls in. :mug:

Sorry guys, I was hoping to place the order today but we still have one outstanding payment to be made. Hopefully I can place it Monday and with any luck, have grain delivered by the end of the week.

Yup, the order is in!
I requested a delivery for this Friday, February 5, as that's the soonest day when I have a whole day free to hang out and wait for the freight guy to show up. I'll check back in with NCM this week to make sure everything is on track, and will post an update for you guys. In the meantime, assume the delivery will happen Friday and make arrangements if at all possible to pick up your grain or have someone else pick it up for you. I can hang out for a while that evening for those of you who might want to make the trip after work. If there's no way you can make it Friday, please let me know.

Josh,
I'm out of town all weekend. Since I'm splitting the rye with you, can I just pick it up next week?

B

No problem. I'm going to be out of town from the 10th-17th. If you're not in a rush to get the rye, after the 17th would be best; otherwise maybe we can meet up Monday or Tuesday. Send me an email and let me know what works for you.

Any idea what time the delivery might be on Friday? I'd love to avoid rush hour traffic. Also I'm in on the Bad Coffee deal and I'd hate to make the trip before he drops it all off. Thanks again for all your work so far!

Any idea what time the delivery might be on Friday? I'd love to avoid rush hour traffic. Also I'm in on the Bad Coffee deal and I'd hate to make the trip before he drops it all off. Thanks again for all your work so far!

I don't know what time the delivery will be yet. Last time I think it arrived around 1pm if I remember correctly, but who knows this time. I'll see if I can find out any more details ahead of time and will let you know. badcoffee's Vienna was already dropped off to me, so I'll have that on hand when the delivery is made.

I don't know what time the delivery will be yet. Last time I think it arrived around 1pm if I remember correctly, but who knows this time. I'll see if I can find out any more details ahead of time and will let you know. badcoffee's Vienna was already dropped off to me, so I'll have that on hand when the delivery is made.

Oh ok great. You gonna PM the exact address? And should I bring a scale?

Oh ok great. You gonna PM the exact address? And should I bring a scale?

The address is 21 33rd ST, Brooklyn, NY 11232. It's most easily accessed from the southbound 278 (BQE/Gowanus) exit for 39th ST. My cell number is three4seven-six6one-zero5four7. If it's easy to bring a scale, go for it; I'll probably borrow my friend's too (gotta ask him first!).

I have a small weight scale, only up to 1lb at a time but down to .1 gram. I can easily bring it but weighing stuff out could take a while that way. Checking out the google street view this looks like a warehouse address?

Ok, don't worry about bringing your scale -- I should have that covered. And yup, that's the loading dock on the Google street view. My studio is on the 5th floor.

I can take a few hours off work and make it on Friday PM. I could also pick up NoVa's grain although I obviously have to check with him first. If it doesn't arrive on Friday, I could do the same thing for the day it does arrive.

-a.

Back