Perlick to Duotight in 2-Faucet round tower?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uspino

Reaction score
The only short shank to Duotight out there is not compatible with Perlick faucets. I know this has been discussed in the past, but has anyone found a solution for a duotight conversion in a standard 2-Faucet round tower?

I'm pretty sure I can plug the EVABarrier 8mm into the barb and hold it with a clamp, but would beat the purpose of DuoTight conversion, which for me is easier line replacement (I like to change the lines after the system has been off for a couple of months). Thanks.

I'd heard about compatibility issues, nevertheless I order a couple and tried them with no problem.
Perlick 630 along a nukatap FC both in the duotight short shanks:
IMG_1255.jpg

Thanks, good to know! My Perlicks are FC 650SS, we'll see how it goes when the duotight short shanks arrive.

Well, no luck with my Perlicks 650SS (flow control). They do not fit in the Duotight short shanks. Had to switch to Nukataps, but so far I miss the Perlick. The flow control lever could totally cut the stream, whereas in Nukatap there's still some dripping with the lever closed.

Somebody would need to come up with a solution to use Perlicks with Duotight in small round beer towers.

I'm Sorry!! I feel personally responsible for that.. mine fit and now I'm trying to figure out why. 2 of the shanks on my tower are duotights from Kegland's Aliexpress site last year along with the Nukatap FC at the same time and the other one is barbed and bought from Ontario Beer Kegs at the same time I bought the Perlick. Both taps fit on all 3 shanks without leaks. When I first put it together I did like you and looked all over online for a definitive answer to the compatibility issues, but the whole thing seemed to have died out a while ago so I took a chance and when it worked for me, I thought it had been quietly solved somehow.

Don't feel bad, you tried to help. I guess I'll move to Nukatap. Maybe the shanks sold by OBK are different. I'll contact them and ask. Thank you.

Back