Perlick stout attachment?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laurel

Reaction score
I have a couple Perlick faucets, and I've been considering getting a stout faucet for when I have darker beers on tap. Last night I was playing with one of the (uninstalled) Perlicks and noticed that the tip unscrews. Does anyone make a stout faucet tip that screws into the Perlick?
:mug:

A stout faucet is a different animal as it uses restrictor plates to cream up the head formation.

Perlick has two spouts available for their forward seal faucet. The other is plastic.

However, they also have a cleaning adapter that looks to screw into where the spout would be but, they offer no information I can find for it.

I googled spouts for the Perlick and got little more than replacements for the original.

I emailed perlick suggesting that they should make one and the president emailed me back and told me that he would forward the email to one of their engineers. He's probably just blowing smoke up my butt, but I think it'd be pretty cool.

This is a good idea. Perlick could build the restrictor plate into a stout nozzle. Dead simple.

I'd buy a built-into-the-spout restrictor plate. I think it's a sweet idea!

According to the kegman info above, the Perlicks are suitable for use as "stout faucets" just in a slightly different manner. By only pulling forward the tiniest amount, it simulates the restrictor plate mode, letting you produce high-foam on demand, even with just CO2 and not beer gas.

I want to get a beer gas tank someday, but then I'll need a stout faucet, and a seperate gas tank.... and I want to get another dozen Cornies before I do that! ;)

Don't put off the stout faucet/nitro gas mix for too long. I converted over about a month ago and love my stout!

It's a crowd pleaser too... and the start of many conversations. It usually starts with comments on the different style of faucet, then goes crazy when the guests see the cascading head as it falls out like a dark chocolate waterfall inside my glass.

Mmmmm - I think I'll run down stairs and grab me one right now.
Good Luck with your future purchases!

I checked (finally). The spout on a standard stout faucet with the restrictor plate in it is a female thread. The perlick spout is a male thread. So you cannot put the stout spout on a forward seal faucet.

If Perlick made the SIMPLE modification to their already awesome product, they could easily sell them as stout faucets. Considering that they don't already market a forward-sealing stout faucet, there's no reason not to do it except for production costs. We'll see how it ends up going.

Back