Perlick Faucet Problems...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MMP126

Lotsa Dude's Thumbs On Here...
Reaction score
Hey guys.

Having some issues with my Perlick faucets. I have 3 Perlick 690SS faucets, which are all about 3 years old.

Background, I have taken them apart, clean them, and re-assembled them like 5-6 times in 3 years. I began to see wear on some of the o-rings, so I replaced all the o-rings about 2 months ago. Finally got them all back in service, and it has been a mess.

1 of them works great. Pours nice, seals nice, no leaking, flow control works great.

1 of them leaked like a sieve, so I took it apart and made sure everything was back together correctly. Noticed the one o-ring on the handle lever was all jacked, so I went to find a replacement. Well, perlick parts seem to be scarce for some reason, and I found 1 or 2 places that had them for like $25, and like $18 shipping. A whole new faucet it like $75, and for all the trouble I had, I am kind of like, screw this thing. Its still in pieces on a table...

The last 1 is leaking also, but a bit slower. I got pissed, and didn't take this one apart yet, but I am imagining that I will not have much luck getting it to work properly.

Also, the flow control knobs on 2 or them rotate, almost 360 degrees. The other one only rotates like 90 or so degrees. What is up with that?

I wanted to see if anyone has had the same experience with Perlick. They worked great for me, for about a year, and them started to have little issues, like not sealing after a pour, and having to open and close it a few times to get it to seal. And, it just progressed from there. Let me know if it Perlick, or me....

Also, looking for recommendations on replacements. I have been looking at Intertap, and the new Nukataps. I really like flow control, but the pushback creamer thing isnt really important to me.

Let me know what you opinion!

Funny, one of my perlicks just started leaking from the lever print. Pulled it out and it looks like it was pinched. I have never taken it apart. Adventures in home brewing seems to have parts in stock.

Yeah, they have been a pain man.

I looked on AIH, and all I see are a few o-rings. I found the parts on kegworks, not too pricey, but paying like $45 on a replacement part on an $80 faucet, that may or may not work properly, seems nuts to me.

Back