Perhaps Talking to Your Fermenting Beer Will Make it Better

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoefromPhilly

Reaction score
OK, now as crazy as this seems, take a look at the following experiment where it has been shown that positive thoughts and actions can change reality. A doctor and supposedly a lay individual did an experiment where they either talked nicely to wet rice, talked bad to the rice, or ignored the rice (each set in its own jar). The end result was that the rice that was talked to nicely was still looking good (and looked like it was fermenting in the second video), while the unhappy rice and ignored rice looked pretty bad.

Sooooo, perhaps you may want to say nice things to your fermenting beer every day, and it will turn out perfect!

http://www.realfarmacy.com/experiment-shows-thoughts-intentions-can-alter-the-physical-world/

I love my beer, even before it's beer. I don't know if I could love it more. I talk to it, yes, but I also respect its privacy when it is, you know, "getting it on."

If I could caress it, I would, but I'm afraid I might contaminate it.

I talk to, cuddle, kiss, smell and more my fermenting beer! I think you're weird if you DON'T!!!

I was shocked that someone did an experiment on this. I thought it was common knowledge. Yeast are sensitive creatures. Of course they need love and encouragement.

+1 For talking to the beer.

I talk to my yeast all the time. I tell them "arise my little lovelies, multiply and be fruitful." My wife looks at me like I'm growing a second head.

I regularly tell my beer while it's fermenting, " you are going to be so delicious. I'm going to **** you up!"
It works I guess because it is always delicious :)

Sent from my XT1060 using Home Brew mobile app

I heard that playing classical music works wonders. Try some Mozart.

Sent from my C5155 using Home Brew mobile app

I have been told fermenting wort does react to sound.

For instance:

Belgian yeast enjoy barn yard sounds. Especially, the sound made when a cow drops a steamer.

German yeast enjoy Wagner and the sound of Jack Boots on pavement.

British yeast prefers the sound made by the queen waving at lowly commoners.

Irish yeast get motivated by listening to the village drunkards argue about sheep.

Australian yeast kick in at the sound of kangaroos or wombats scrumping.

American yeast reacts well to the sound made by urinating on the same tree that the hunting dog pees on.

You guys keep this up,& someone will chime in about humping his fermenters. I saw a pic once of a guy that did that with his weed. :drunk::confused:

Latest posts

Back