peanut butter oatmeal stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WillKing

Reaction score
I made a oatmeal stout extract, and while reading a blog about fat washing I decided to try some peanut butter in it. I let it sit in primary for about 3 weeks and racked it into secondary onto the peanut butter. After one day the airlock started bubbling again and kausen rose about an inch. Its day five and the airlock is still bubbling about once every 5 seconds. I just wanted to get some opinions on this, and make sure that is slightly normal

Check your gravity until its stable as bubbles dont mean much. Also don't be surprised if the oils in the PB kill your head retention.

I figured that's what it was but just wanted to make sure. Do you think I should add a little yeast nutrient to help the yeast out a little

Well I done a fat washing technique so hopefully I got most of the oils out of it

This sounds like another tempting recipe to try. Not enough time in a year to try them all though, guess that's what's so interesting about homebrewing.

This sounds like another tempting recipe to try. Not enough time in a year to try them all though, guess that's what's so interesting about homebrewing.

I just hope it turns out ok. Haven't seen anyone else doing it

I just hope it turns out ok. Haven't seen anyone else doing it

One of the local breweries makes a peanut butter stout that is outstanding. I haven't hit them up for the recipe yet but intend to. I do know that they use PB powder instead of peanut butter though.

One of the local breweries makes a peanut butter stout that is outstanding. I haven't hit them up for the recipe yet but intend to. I do know that they use PB powder instead of peanut butter though.

Yeah I was going to use the powder but its kinda expensive

Latest posts

Back