Peanut Butter Ale questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CodyClay

Reaction score
I went to my LHBS and they had a Peanut Butter Brown Ale on tap. I've never been much of a beer drinker. I haven't found one that I like. Until now, that is. I just recently got into wine brewing. I have 4 different wines going (including 1 kit wine) and none are bottled yet. So I'm pretty new at this whole thing.

I plan on buying the recipe from them when a carboy is available. Here are my questions.
How can I brew this and make it a little sweeter than what they had? (Back sweeten like wine?)
How long does an ale take to ferment before bottling?
How long can I keep it after bottling if I keep refrigerated?

alot of ways to sweeten beer, unfermentable sugars are the usual method. if your in to something like peanut butter ales or stouts, you could use inverted sugars that you have carmalized...err i cant spell...to many beers.

most ales take about a month, but can be less, depending on the ABV your going for.

you can cellar your beer like wine if you want and keep it for a year or so..but its best to just drink it and make more.

again...sorry for the spelling.

alot of ways to sweeten beer, unfermentable sugars are the usual method. if your in to something like peanut butter ales or stouts, you could use inverted sugars that you have carmalized...err i cant spell...to many beers.

most ales take about a month, but can be less, depending on the ABV your going for.

you can cellar your beer like wine if you want and keep it for a year or so..but its best to just drink it and make more.

again...sorry for the spelling.

Thanks for your response. Very good info. I have been watching videos on YouTube and I've seen some guys using wort chillers. Is it necessary to have one or is it just to speed things along?

Thanks for your response. Very good info. I have been watching videos on YouTube and I've seen some guys using wort chillers. Is it necessary to have one or is it just to speed things along?

If your going to do a partial boil (add water after) then no, ice bath should be cool... but if your going to do a full 5 or 10 gal boil and trying to carry around that kind of bulk/weight kit is absolutely necessary!!! You basically want your wort cool as soon as possible.

Back