Peach Hefenweizen

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fayderek14

Reaction score
So I plan on making a Peach Hefenweizen. Im going to start the brewing this friday. I found this recipe on this site that I plan to use:

Recipe Type: Extract
Yeast: Danstar Munich
Yeast Starter: Rehydrate
Batch Size (Gallons): 5 gal
Original Gravity: 1.045
Final Gravity: 1.011
IBU: 14
Boiling Time (Minutes): 60
Color: 4
Primary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp): 10 days @ 68f
Secondary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp): N/A
Tasting Notes: A quick and easy Hefeweizen. Serve with a lemon wedge on a hot summer day.

5 lbs. Briess Bavarian wheat DME

8 oz. Carahell

1 oz. Tettnanger (4%)

Danstar Munich

Steep grains for 20 min. @ 155f. Bring to boil and add 2 lbs. extract and Tettnanger hops. Add 3 lbs. extract with 10 minutes remaining in the boil. Ferment for 10 days, keg at about 4 volumes (or bottle) and enjoy. (Full boil recommended). Nothing fancy here, just a very easy and quick Hefe that manages to disappear rapidly. It's almost too simple to post but My friends and I dig this beer so much I figured it might be worth sharing. Fermenting in the mid 60's makes for a very clean American style Hefe but my last batch fermented around 70 and is much closer to a true Bavarian style. This yeast has always fermented very vigorously for me so use a blowoff tube.

I plan to use that recipe and add peaches to it. I need to know the best way to get a good peach flavor in the final beer. I have read that apricots are a good way to get a peach like flavor. Any recommendations would be extremely helpful. Thanks!

Back