Pbr

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm pretty sure Zane Lanfrey from Drinking Made Easy did that taste test. Neither him nor the bartender got it right. And the bartender was a hard core PBR drinker.

Not only was he a die-hard PBR fan - he was sh*tting on the other beer (I think Milwaukee's Best).

The beer he thought was the best? The one he was sh*tting on...

I read on this forum that an overnight soak in PBR could clean the mold and gunk out of bottles, but I tried it and they are even stickier than before!

I don't mind PBR, but I prefer Schlitz or Strohs. The old recipes, not the crap they were selling for a while. And NO to Old Style!

But they are all God's own Nectar compared to Busch!

I usually don't mind some pbr brings nostalgia, and its good if I'm hittin' the town, cus i know all my broke ass friends are gunna be bumming beers from me so i might as well leave the fancy stuff back in my fridge.

Yeah,the old Stroh's recipe was good. I still have a bronze buckle cast to look like the old label. The belt for it was custom,& had pot leaves embossed on it. And I said PBW,not cheap beer to release moldy bottle gunk. PBR just can't cut it...:D:tank:

Rainier was/is my fav cheap beer. However, it isn't easy to find here. PBR is second choice for cheap camping drinking.

People started drinking PBR in an effort to be original and separate themselves from those "cool" people who drink Corona with a lime wedge in it. Corona is so passe, now the cool kids drink PBR.

I'm quite fond of Miller High Life, but not the other Miller products. While in Grad school, for many years, Friday dinner consisted of $3 pitchers of Miller plus free popcorn, crackers and cheese from a big chunk they put out. Mmmm. The other popular dinner in grad school was chips and salsa. We'd get home from school and be starving. We get out the chips and salsa, to take the edge off. The next thing you knew it, the bag was empty and the salsa gone and we weren't hungry anymore.

Years ago we went on a non-alcoholic beer kick. Both Odouls and Sharps tasted like crap. However we found that PBR NA and Old Milwaukee NA weren't bad at all. They tasted pretty similar to the cheap alcoholic versions

Just because a lot of people drink PBR because it's fashionable doesn't mean it's not also pretty good for that style of beer. It's one of my favorites when it comes to cheap-ass "lawnmower" beer.

My top pick in that style is probably Genesee Ice, but that's a regional thing. Probably 95% of HBTers have never heard of it, let alone had the opportunity to try one.

My top pick in that style is probably Genesee Ice, but that's a regional thing. Probably 95% of HBTers have never heard of it, let alone had the opportunity to try one.

I have heard the Bock is one of the best cans of beer out there.

Back