Partigyle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seneaf

Reaction score
hy guys, im making this imperial ipa, and want to make ipa with the leftover grains, should y ad something to the remaining grains?
8 kg malte pale ale
100gr caraambar
80gr malte chocolat
100gr chinook
75gr centenial

what's you batch size and target OG?

When I do partigyle, I take first runnings and dilute those those to get my batch size to target so keep in mind that if on your system ~8.5 kg normally gets you 1.0XX, that number will drop significantly when just taking first running for a partigyle batch.

what's you batch size and target OG?

When I do partigyle, I take first runnings and dilute those those to get my batch size to target so keep in mind that if on your system ~8.5 kg normally gets you 1.0XX, that number will drop significantly when just taking first running for a partigyle batch.
Hello, thanks for the answer, my batch size is 20 lt, the og of the imperial ipa is 1083, and the ipa im targeting to 1056

I would probably up your grain bill by about 35% plus get additional grain to add into the mash prior to taking second runnings

So 10.9kg pale, 1.1kg caraamber, and keep the chocolate malt at 80g.

Then mash maybe with a little extra water than what you normally would and just take first first runnings. Dilute that for the first brew and start to get that to a boil.

Do a batch sparge for the grain and add an additional 1.6kg pale and 1kg caraamber. Since the target for the second runnings is higher, it'll need more sugars. Let that mash while you get the first runnings to a boil and I think you'll be close to both targets. I would run off the second runnings then fly sparge the mash to get as much sugar as you can out.

Maybe keep some DME on hand if you miss a target, or just let it ride.

Back