Particles in homebrew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wfu1bunn

Reaction score
I brewed an American Light and kegged yesterday. Poured a glass and noticed particles floating in it. I'm guessing some grains(it was an all grain batch) or kreuzen. Is there anything I can do now to prevent every pour?

One thing with Kegs is that the junk tends to settle to the bottom, where the dip tube is. After a pour or two the area around the dip tube will be cleared away and you will be drawing less cloudy stuff each time. It takes a bit for everything to settle down, but it should eventually.

One thing that I've done is bent the dip tube to the side. It effectively raises the bottom of the tube just a bit and give slightly less junk. Another option is to cut the dip tube an inch or two shorter.

Another thing you could do is by one of those replacement dip tubes that float on the top of the beer. The top clears fastest, so you can theoretically start pouring really clear beer sooner than you would having a dip tube at the bottom.

But, yeah, it will get better soon.

Back