partial mash mlt

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jah

Reaction score
i am making a partial mash mlt and i was just wondering if it matters if i use a brass braided hose rather than a stainless... i see that everyone uses stainless but i have a brass one lying around the house. i wasnt sure if it would oxidize or give the mash a bad flavor or something

I'm assuming you are using a 2 gallon cooler... If you use a nice big grain bag, you dont have to modify the cooler at all!

portski7 said:
I'm assuming you are using a 2 gallon cooler... If you use a nice big grain bag, you dont have to modify the cooler at all!

i am using a three gallon and i already have almost all the stuff so i dont see why i shouldnt go ahead. the only thing i had to buy was a valve for $6. do you think the brass braided hose will be ok?

I don't see why the brass won't work for you. In the long run it will be easier than the grain bag and it is surprising how well the braided lines work.
Don't forget a pic when you are finished! :mug:

here ya go. i went ahead and made it with what i had... if anyone is interested. the cooler i used is double insulated stainless steel. it is supposed to hold temperature for 24 hrs. i purchased it for $25. total build price right around $35.
1202258279.jpg
1202258230.jpg

Latest posts

Back