pale ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

icejimmy

Reaction score
I just brewed a pale ale that called for 6.5 pounds of DME and I added 7pounds instead. what will that do to the beer?

DME with white labs California Ale Yeast

Very Good !

I was looking for someone who is brewing an All-Extract Batch with DME .

I brewed some Batches using DME , but I had each time some Issues , specially with the Taste .

I just bottled my last Batch two days ago and should wait for at least 3 Weeks to see the Result .

It would be very nice if you would update the Info about your Batch in the following days .

I think we can learn more by comparing our Results .

Hector

i never move from the primary after 1 week. the first week, the yeasties ferment, the second week they clean up after themselves. if you move it after a week, you have severely reduced amounts of yeast to clean up, and the beer isn't as clean or clear. you should leave it in for at least 2 weeks ( i do 3)

still in primary after 5 days. I will probably put in secondary and dry hopp this weekend

Why?

I leave it at least 2 weeks before doing anything. I find it produces better beer.

Why rack anyway? Why not dry hop in the primary. I generally rack for: Long-term conditioning (months), to add gelatin, or to add dry hops (but am harvesting the yeast).

put in secondary and dry hopped 4-30-11. kegged 5-4-11 with 1/4 cup dme. tapped keg today 6/29/11 and it is GREAT.

Latest posts

Back