Paintball Nitrogen Tank to Co2 Reg...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HuRRiC4Ne

Reaction score
Has anyone tried this yet? I want to use my existing carbon wrapped paintball nitrogen tank and hook it up to my kegerator's Co2 reg. I have been looking but I haven't seen anything... http://www.rebelbrewer.com/shoppingcart/products/The-Adapter-%252d-Paintball-Tank-Regulator-Coupling.html

using this coupling, it should work... I have a 88cu 5000psi Nitro tank (800psi output)just collecting dust. I don't see why this wouldn't working in a Co2 reg... It's meant to simulate Co2 pressures anyways, and it will allow me to make a pretty close Guiness clone.

I played paintball heavily about 2 years ago (then I got married) and in all of the tournaments and fields I went to I *never* saw a field that filled tanks with pure nitrogen. Why the tanks were called nitrogen, I will never know, but most places filled with a high power air compressor or a booster pump. I would not want to pump that into my beer knowing a good percentage of the gas is oxygen. If you can get pure nitrogen fills then it is another story... otherwise I wouldn't bother.

actually form what I understand, even the "nitrogen" used to pump stouts is not pure nitrogen. It is a Nitrogen/CO2 mixture, normally called BeerGas.

Do a google for "BeerGas", it should lead you in the direction you are looking for.

Yeah, I most defiantly wouldn't do it unless i got Nitrogen in the tank... And it's not that uncommon, i used to shoot nitro all the time in my timmy.

Nitro tanks hold nitrogen gas. Compressed air systems use compressed air. I hope you weren't paying for NO2 and getting air...

Give it a shot...

note: I only say that because I didn't pay for the equipment :D I would get the opinion of someone who deals with this stuff regularly before hooking it up and letting it rip.

Back