Paintball co2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arienjaynes21

Reaction score
Can anyone help me justify if it is safe to use paintball c02 or not? I got a adapter to hook up paintball canisters to my regulator I want to be able to use the small paintball canister vs my 10lb co2 tank for putting into the fridge I don't have a separate fridge to use so will have 1 keg with the small paintball c02 tank in the fridge, I went to the auto parts store in town and they say there is oils in the c02 because the set up they use pulls from the bottom of the tank sucking up anything in there anybody have information on c02? What is safe to use and what isn't? Also I seen a video on YouTube a fellow refills sodastream c02 with dry ice, is that something I can do with a paintball canister?

Theres been a few threads like this here before. I think the general consensus is that you should be fine to use paintball CO2. That being said... I was always under the impression that paintball Co2 could in fact have oils in it used for lubrication. I have never been able to find concrete evidence to substantiate those claims so I just steer clear of it to be safe. I guess it ultimately is a "use at your own discretion" kind of thing

The guys down at the parts store where I can fill the tanks swear up and down it has oils in it but I'm thinking I might just try it compared to the co2 I normally get and see if there is any difference, not sure you'd be able to even taste a difference

The guys down at the parts store where I can fill the tanks swear up and down it has oils in it but I'm thinking I might just try it compared to the co2 I normally get and see if there is any difference, not sure you'd be able to even taste a difference

I don't know that I'd be worried about taste difference, if it were me, I would be more concerned with ingesting oil, whatever the quantity may be. But then again, we don't even know for sure if there is oil in it haha

That's just the thing they are a prax air dealer here in town and I could set up a tank rental with them and fill my paintball tanks at home

Back