Pacman yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewfocker

Reaction score
Hey brewers,
This is my first post, I've been on here for a while but just reading and learning as fast as I can. Great forum!
So I managed to get my hands on a couple packs of Wyeast Rogue Pacman yeast. Love Rogue beer. I brewed up an all grain IPA, 1.072 OG, 3.5 gallon batch, did a 1 litre starter, fermented for 8 days @ 62-64F. It bubbled away nicely for about 4 days then slowed and by day 8 looked done, no I didn't take another gravity reading, wish I had. I racked to my secondary, dry hopped 8 days ago and I noticed yesterday that it's still bubbling every 25 or 30 seconds. Is this normal?? I was going to bottle it on Thursday. Anybody know if Pacman just takes a long time to ferment out?

Hey brewers,
This is my first post, I've been on here for a while but just reading and learning as fast as I can. Great forum!
So I managed to get my hands on a couple packs of Wyeast Rogue Pacman yeast. Love Rogue beer. I brewed up an all grain IPA, 1.072 OG, 3.5 gallon batch, did a 1 litre starter, fermented for 8 days @ 62-64F. It bubbled away nicely for about 4 days then slowed and by day 8 looked done, no I didn't take another gravity reading, wish I had. I racked to my secondary, dry hopped 8 days ago and I noticed yesterday that it's still bubbling every 25 or 30 seconds. Is this normal?? I was going to bottle it on Thursday. Anybody know if Pacman just takes a long time to ferment out?

Well, Lad, I love Pacman. It is a very good yeast for American ale. But yeasts are what they are. They work on their own time schedule. If you take three successive gravity readings over three days and they are all the same, then you may assume fermentation is done, but maybe not. The activity of it all could just be enough to activate the yeast. On the other hand, Baddies are always seeking a chance. Good luck on your brew. :)

Could just be dry hops creating nucleation sites for dissolved CO2 to coalesce and escape. As said, only way to be sure fermentation is done is gravity readings.

Guess I'm a bit of a lazy brewer. I'll take a gravity reading in a day or two just to see what it's at but regardless I'm going to have to bottle tomorrow night.
I can't wait to try this beer!!! It's a 2 Heart clone, interesting to see how it tastes with the Pacman.
Thanks for the advice guys!!

Back