oxy clean versatile

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use the same. Just submerge labeled bottles in a bath of oxyclean and hot water. Works in about an hour.

I also use OxyClean (actually, the generic stuff...) to get rid of my bottles' labels. I just put a scoop of OxyClean in a bucket and fill it with very hot water. Most labels come off very quickly, but I actually tend to forget about the bottles for a day or two. After two days, the labels will probably be just floating around in the bucket.

Magic Hat was a bottle I had a very tough time removing the labels on. Leaving the bottles in the bucket for two days let the labels fall right off...

You're right kilted. The oxyclean versatile is perfumed. Oxy free is not.

Probably not a huge deal on glass... but why risk it?

even after a good rinse should it matter and a sanitizing session... let me know!
thanks everyone

even after a good rinse should it matter and a sanitizing session... let me know!
thanks everyone

I only use the 'free' kind because I don't like having perfumed cleaners near my stuff. If you rinse really well, it should be ok, but I would suggest just going to get some without the additional crap in it.

It's 'Oxi Clean', not 'Oxy Clean'. Not that it matters a lot, but I found it interesting I never noticed when it was pointed out on another thread.

+1 on using the scentless OxiClean to remove the labels. It works great. FYI - labels from Brooklyn Brewery are pretty hard to remove as well.

I actually soaked my primary in an OxiClean solution after transferring to secondary to get any odors out.

Back