Oxy Clean Problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abrewer2

Reaction score
The last box of Oxy Clean Versatile that I purchased is labeled MAX EFFICIENCY 20% More Oxygen Power. When I use this product after soaking a few days there is a gritty residue stuck to any horizontal surface especially glass that is super hard to remove. Anyone else use this product with the same results?

Hard water + OxyClean soak can result in a mineral haze.
You can remove it easily swishing with white vinegar or even standard Star San mix...

Cheers!

I've always used Oxyclean Free and if I let it sit for more than a couple of days there will be a white-ish haze that has to be cut with acid.
I buy the large tubs probably twice a year so I may not have run into a recent formula change...

Cheers!

I've been using Oxyclean Versatile and generics for years. I have left it in my Better Bottles for over a week and never had any issues. I think a lot has to do with water chemistry. As mentioned vinegar or starsan should cut the residue.

I have been able to get the residue off with some soaking. But it's just a pain that has never been a problem before. Thanks for your help.

Back