Oxi Clean ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
about a half scoop in 3 gallons (kinda) for cleaning, for delabeling bottles I fill the bottles with water, fill the cooler with bottles, add a scoop to the cooler and fill it to the top of the bottle neck....Don't get it inside the bottle if you can help it....it will leave residue at that strength.

Is that residue harmful? Or just unsightly?

It makes for one hell of a nasty flavor if you accidentally bottle...say 5 gallons of watermelon Weissbier without taking care of it first. But if you do, EvilTOJ will eventually figure it out for you over in the Chat Section....

Not that I've done that or anything......Just saying.

I just put about a teaspoon full in my 6 1/2 gallon carboy and let it sit overnight. By the next day all the scum will be cleaned off. A little goes a long way.

Any issues with Oxy-Clean smell after cleaning? I rinsed my plastic bucket fermenter and let sit with a oxy-clean mixture for about and hour or so. Rinsed about dozen times since then and still have a oxy-clean odor in it. Is it still ok to use?

Any issues with Oxy-Clean smell after cleaning? I rinsed my plastic bucket fermenter and let sit with a oxy-clean mixture for about and hour or so. Rinsed about dozen times since then and still have a oxy-clean odor in it. Is it still ok to use?

Are you using Oxy Clean Free or Sun Oxygen Cleaner Free -- or the the regular stuff that has the blue scented crystals in it?

So.... in regards to generics... the only thing to look for is no blue pieces in it? I was looking at the regular oxi versitile and it didn't seem to have those... but maybe it did...

The scoop in the larger tub has 4 tick marks. For carboys n kegs, I fill to the first mark. A little goes a long ways.

And I I only use Oxy Free. Just use a little and it won't cost much to get name brand. Never looked for the off brands before.

Back