Outdoor Slop Sink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeisBrewing

Reaction score
So as we all know, brewing beer requires a lot of cleaning. I was sick cleaning everything on the ground with the water hose so I built this really quick, easy and really effective outdoor slop sink. I used a storage bin as the sink and built a wooden frame around it. I even attached plumbing right into a sewer drain coming out of the house. I also took my RO unit to it. The whole project only cost about $50!

20140503_135909[1].jpg

20140503_135902[1].jpg

20140503_135853[1].jpg

Great idea!
I am in the process of putting a old utility sink in my front porch. But I will just have it drain outside in the garden. with out a trap, so I can use it in the winter too. You probably don't have to worry about that in Texas.:mug:

I had some free time today, so I decided to make me a sink. All I have in it is the cost of the tub.

Utilitysink_zpsa39d6c3a.jpg

I still need to put in a drain. I'm kind of leery about doing that. I'm afraid the plastic will start splintering when I drill the hole in the tub.

EDIT: Thanks for the idea Deisbrewing. I found this topic a few months back when I was looking for outdoor/utility sink ideas.

I had some free time today, so I decided to make me a sink. All I have in it is the cost of the tub.

Utilitysink_zpsa39d6c3a.jpg

I still need to put in a drain. I'm kind of leery about doing that. I'm afraid the plastic will start splintering when I drill the hole in the tub.

EDIT: Thanks for the idea Deisbrewing. I found this topic a few months back when I was looking for outdoor/utility sink ideas.

The plastic of the tub you have does splinter. Melting a hole with a soldering iron would work better.

Thanks so much. I'll give that a try. I guess I could just draw a hole with a Sharpie using a templet and just use the soldering iron to work my way to the hole's size?

Or is there an easier way?

I've used the technique to cut holes in plastic and styrofoam. Just don't use to much pressure. Let the tip melt its way forward.

Looks good Yesfan! I like how your bin is shorter than mine. That makes it easier to get stuff in and out. My bin split when
I was fitting the drain to it because the hole wasn't big enough and I pushed to hard to get the drain in. Duct Tape! I used an exacto knife to cut the hole and that worked well.

Back