Out of beer :-(

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muse435

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So I have been lazy this summer and did not pay attention to how much beer was left in my kegs and like the title says they are empty. Does anyone have any suggestions on extract recipes that are ready on the fast side. I'm don't want crap beer but something that won't take long. The last several batches I've brewed took around six months to be what I wanted but damn they were tasty

On my phone now but there is a very well-reviewed cascade pale ale recipe in the Recipes area. Very quick turnaround.

Drinking the centennial ale right now. Its my second batch and it seems to please both the seasoned home brew fan and newb's I think its my go to beer of everyone. I usually let it sit in primary for a month then keg. I'm sure you could cut the primary time then force carb and have it drinking in 3 weeks.

I've decided not to rush things and jest let the beer tell me when it's ready. I have one in the primary and when it goes to the keg I will be boiling my second batch. Quality is king when it comes to beer

Some sort of blonde, or lighter american pale ale is a good call. Also, check out "The Innkeeper" British Bitter recipe from northern brewer. Use 002 if you want it ready faster (I like 1469) but it takes longer to clear. I turn that beer around from grain to glass in about 3+ weeks. It is a great drinking beer. Also, British dark milds can turn around fast as well.

IPA, DIPA, Pale Ale, Blonde and Hefe are all young drinkers with fast turn times that can be quality at their younger age.

Back