Oregon Fruit Puree

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgortel

Reaction score
Was thinking of trying a Strawberry or Blueberry Wheat Beer......

Plan is to brew a wheat beer....and add Oregon Fruit Puree (3 lb can perhaps?) to Primary....

However, I am wondering how the sugars in the fruit puree wil effect the fermentation? i.e. How could I figure in the sugars in Qbrew or in calculating my densities, ABV, etc.???

Any advise is much appreciated. Looking for just a hint of the fruit in the background...not a wine cooler taste.....

Im in the process of doing the same thing, but was going to rack to a secondary. How long should I leave in secondary before bottling?

i made a brown ale with the cherry puree i put it in my secondary and it was perfect. i left it in the secondary for about three weeks. but with a less malty flavor profile you may end up with a fruity beer.

I've got a Raspberry Wheat aging right now, has a great raspberry smell to it. The one downside that I have to Oregon purees is the color. The raspberry was a grayish red color, and the beer didn't get the reddish purple that I normall associate with Raspberry Wheats.

I just bottled a peach hefe 8 days ago and used oregon peach puree. I put it in the secondary and then racked the beer on top of it. It was in there for 2 weeks. I didn't taste test it yet, but plan to try my first bottle of it this weekend.

I wish they had a pumpkin puree.

The Oregon fruit puree I've used comes in 15 ounce cans and in qBrew I enter the following

Extract:1.007, Color:0.0, Type:Adjunct, Use:Extract

I sanitized my blender then thoroughly pureed 1 can and dumped it into a secondary. I then racked my fermented beer on top of it and let it sit for a couple of weeks before bottling.

The Oregon fruit puree I've used comes in 15 ounce cans and in qBrew I enter the following

Extract:1.007, Color:0.0, Type:Adjunct, Use:Extract

I sanitized my blender then thoroughly pureed 1 can and dumped it into a secondary. I then racked my fermented beer on top of it and let it sit for a couple of weeks before bottling.

I don't think you used the puree. If it was the puree, you wouldn't need to puree it yourself in a blender.

The purees for brewing are 49oz cans: http://morebeer.com/view_product/16731//Raspberry

The fruit in syrup are 15oz cans that you get at the grocery store.

Back