Opinions on Murphy & Rude Malting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corncob

Reaction score
https://www.murphyrudemalting.com

I heard about them here. Apparently they built out a web store and a brick and mortar specifically to cater to homebrewers.

There was a thread recently about domestic/local ingredients. I've been very interested in the craft malt scene, but it seems like it's hard to find a maltster selling to homebrewers. Anybody have any experience with them?

They are local to me and I've used some of their malts. Happy with the results so far, but it's only been two or three batches and I certainly haven't tried everything. They started out having an exclusive with my LHBS and that came with a pretty hefty markup, but now that I can just go to their own store the prices are very competitive with anything I can get online. I also believe that they source their grain from Virginia farms, and I kinda like the idea of having some regional terroir in my brews. Whether anybody can actually taste that is another matter.

Latest posts

Back