Operation: find the shittiest deal on beer Advocate

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went back to check the listing, and we got an update!

Hill Farmstead Arthur 750ml $35 (SOLD)
Hill Farmstead Dorothy 750ml $35 (SOLD)
Hill Farmstead Florence 750ml $35
Hill Farmstead Everett $35 (2 LEFT)
Hill Farmstead Twilight of the Idols $35 (4 LEFT)
Hill Farmstead Leaves of Grass $35 (SOLD)
Hill Farmstead Elaborative 3 $35 (SOLD)
Hill Farmstead El Locuelo Pomelo $35 (1 LEFT)
Hill Farmstead Flora $75 (SOLD)
Firestone Walker Parabajava $75 (SOLD)
3 Floyds Zombie Dust $10 (SOLD)
Founders NO BABY Breakfast Stout (super rare) $10
2015 Bourbon County Rare $200 (SOLD)

Also,

have 24x Heady Topper and 8x Focal Banger. $20/can
Who the **** is buying the shelf saisons at $35? Aren't those NO LIMIT now?

Went back to check the listing, and we got an update!

Hill Farmstead Arthur 750ml $35 (SOLD)
Hill Farmstead Dorothy 750ml $35 (SOLD)
Hill Farmstead Florence 750ml $35
Hill Farmstead Everett $35 (2 LEFT)
Hill Farmstead Twilight of the Idols $35 (4 LEFT)
Hill Farmstead Leaves of Grass $35 (SOLD)
Hill Farmstead Elaborative 3 $35 (SOLD)
Hill Farmstead El Locuelo Pomelo $35 (1 LEFT)
Hill Farmstead Flora $75 (SOLD)
Firestone Walker Parabajava $75 (SOLD)
3 Floyds Zombie Dust $10 (SOLD)
Founders NO BABY Breakfast Stout (super rare) $10
2015 Bourbon County Rare $200 (SOLD)

Also,

have 24x Heady Topper and 8x Focal Banger. $20/can
HOW IS THE NO BABY STILL AVAILABLE?

"ISO Treehouse Green, Juice Machine, or Haze. FT fresh nugget nectar

I am looking to trade 8 cans of just releases Troegs Nugget Nectar for 4 cans of Treehouse Green, Juice Machine, King Julius or Haze. It can be all 4 of the same kind or a mixture. But they do need to be fresh (less then 30 days old.)"

I would drink King J from a shoe no matter the age
giphy.gif

Am I missing something here? NN is widely distro'ed

"ISO Treehouse Green, Juice Machine, or Haze. FT fresh nugget nectar

I am looking to trade 8 cans of just releases Troegs Nugget Nectar for 4 cans of Treehouse Green, Juice Machine, King Julius or Haze. It can be all 4 of the same kind or a mixture. But they do need to be fresh (less then 30 days old.)"

I would drink King J from a shoe no matter the age
giphy.gif

Am I missing something here? NN is widely distro'ed

Yes, this: BeerAdvocate.

I do like Nugget Nectar. I can't wait to buy a case and cruah some cans.

That being said there is no trade value other than maybe locals for locals. I would #goanpickitupformebro for anyone on this forum.

I'm here for the Hopslam, whenever that comes out. Missed out on it last year.

FT: WESLEY ISO: HOPSLAM!

I'm here for the Hopslam, whenever that comes out. Missed out on it last year.

FT: WESLEY ISO: HOPSLAM!

I am not a huge fan of Hopslam so I will trade you my bottle(s). How many would you like for your Wesley?

Directly from the Führer himself...

"Greetings, Beer Traders!

Thought we'd kickoff the New Year with a new log and much needed update.

Too many users have ignored or abused the repost rules for far too long. This resulted in a lot of reports from other users, a lot of warnings issued by mods and subsequent tears.

Thread Limit
Thanks to Mike, we just applied some custom code to the forums that removes the need for the repost rule. Its goal is to reduce reports/warnings/hurt feelings, force users to put a bit more effort and thought into their offers and restrict those who were essentially over-posting, cross-posting or spamming offers.

Currently, here's the deal:
  • Users may only post once every 24 hours in any ISO or In-Person forum. So if you post in ISO:FT, you can't post again in any other ISO or In-Person forum for 24 hours.
  • Upon posting, the ability to post is disabled until the restriction expires.
  • Deleting your thread doesn't bypass this restriction. Once you post, it counts. This includes threads removed by mods.
  • Users still have the ability to edit/delete at will.
  • Feel like posting the same offer as the one you did the day before? Go for it! But it's your one thread for the day.
  • All of the above applies to mobile too.
  • Beer Trading Rules have been updated.
Thanks again to Mike for translating my request into code. We hope you dig it.

Cheers!"

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Too many users have ignored or abused the repost rules for far too long. This resulted in a lot of reports from other users, a lot of warnings issued by mods and subsequent tears.

Thread Limit
Thanks to Mike, we just applied some custom code to the forums that removes the need for the repost rule. Its goal is to reduce reports/warnings/hurt feelings, force users to put a bit more effort and thought into their offers and restrict those who were essentially over-posting, cross-posting or spamming offers.

• Users may only post once every 24 hours in any ISO or In-Person forum. So if you post in ISO:FT, you can't post again in any other ISO or In-Person forum for 24 hours.
  • Deleting your thread doesn't bypass this restriction. Once you post, it counts. This includes threads removed by mods.
  • Feel like posting the same offer as the one you did the day before? Go for it! But it's your one thread for the day.

Cheers!"

giphy.gif
"tears"

Thread Limit

Cheers!"

giphy.gif
I certainly dig it! And I am currently employed as a technical writer so anyone needing my services can contact me via PM. You have to pay to get my account verified first though.

What a great website they have over there.

ISO: Dark Lord vanilla FT: list

Looking for Dark lord vanilla.

List: FW: Parabola, Subaba, velvet merkin, Helldorado
404 scuttle, KBS, backwoods bastard. Eclipse vanilla and world wide stout.

Bomber would be straight 1:1 and 12 oz would be 2:1

http://www.beeradvocate.com/community/threads/iso-dark-lord-vanilla-ft-list.377298/

Incredible. Also the user has no posts except in the trade forum and registered in December 2015. That's the new BA user base for you.

The only thing I would say for those last two is at least they are newer traders, so maybe (****ing hopefully) they dont know any better. The BA dipshits did themselves a disservice by removing replies because nobody ever researches ****, so now there are poor bastards who post idiotic crap and never know better. The prevalence of moronic trade offers also creates circumstances where people are ripe to get ripped off as well.

But then again, BA mods gonna BA mod, so what can you expect. They're too busy reading this thread and getting their panties in a bunch over people saying things on a site thats not theirs to actually spend time on making their own site better.

offsite trolling.....
idjut.gif

Did I miss something? Or is the person giving up the Fou getting ripped off? Those Treehouse hops are valuable.

FT:
1 750 growler Very Green (1/14)
3x can Alter Ego (1/13)
1x can Lights On (1/13)

Iso Fou '15

Did I miss something? Or is the person giving up the Fou getting ripped off? Those Treehouse hops are valuable.

FT:
1 750 growler Very Green (1/14)
3x can Alter Ego (1/13)
1x can Lights On (1/13)

Iso Fou '15
I would do this deal all day long if I had a Fou.

But then, Fou is my least favorite fruited Loon.

The value cratering of Midnight Sun M over the past 1-2 years or so has been pretty fascinating to see. Am I wrong that about 4 years ago M would have gone 1:1 with Don Quijote? Now if you compare the cash transactions it would be more like 4:1.

The value cratering of Midnight Sun M over the past 1-2 years or so has been pretty fascinating to see. Am I wrong that about 4 years ago M would have gone 1:1 with Don Quijote? Now if you compare the cash transactions it would be more like 4:1.
But, do either of those beers taste good?

But, do either of those beers taste good?

I enjoyed the sample of M I had, would be cool to have a solid pour of it and give it a better evaluation. Don Quijote was good but I didn't taste the rarity or hype. I mean, if you like Cantillon grape lambics then you'd enjoy it but for the cost I wouldn't remotely bother (unless one was trading some other super-whalish beer for it, like Dave or some other Cantillon one-off).

I enjoyed the sample of M I had, would be cool to have a solid pour of it and give it a better evaluation. Don Quijote was good but I didn't taste the rarity or hype. I mean, if you like Cantillon grape lambics then you'd enjoy it but for the cost I wouldn't remotely bother (unless one was trading some other super-whalish beer for it, like Dave or some other Cantillon one-off).
I'm a late 2013er to the beer scene so its always fun to hear about these old whales. Glad you had the chance to try them!!

Back