Oops-Graff

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bush_84

Reaction score
I accidentally added 1 lb of the 120 crystal malt. The recipe calls for 1/2 lb. I know that this won't ruin my Graff, but I don't brew beer. So I don't know how it will change it. Will I notice a change? If so what will be different? Otherwise I pretty much follow the recipe, and used Nottingham yeast.

FYI-I added an extra 1/2 gal of cider thinking maybe it'd dilute the extra malt a bit. It was left over from a different brew.

Edit-Lawl I just noticed a topic where somebody did something similar, but it didn't seem to state what it'd do. So I guess my question still stands and I'm glad I'm not the only one who makes mistakes. XD

It will make it taste a little sweeter (may end up .001 higher), and will add more malt flavor.

It will be fine.

It will be darker, malty-er (is that a word?), and a little heavier. It will be tasty. I've added up to 1.5lbs of grain to graf & it's always been tasty. Regards, GF.

i think thatll taste pretty damn good. i just finished a batch of graff and i used the 120. i much prefer the malty-er background the 120 gives the graff, cider always tasted like wine to me and this reminds me more of beer

There is much I should learn about beer ingredients so that I could tinker a bit with the recipe and be comfortable doing so.

My last batch of graff used 1 lb. of 120L crystal and 1 lb. DME, and it came out great.

On my current one, I added another 0.5 lb 150L crystal and 1 lb. more DME just to see what it would do. Can't wait for it to be ready.

Back