Oops! Added second half of LME too early!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattmainster

Reaction score
Alright, so I'm in the middle
of my first homebrew right now...Brewmasters Warehouse Hop Combo IPA...

I think I may have ruined it...well, at least I know I did something wrong:

The recipe calls for 1/2 of the liquid extract to be added after bringing the wort to a boil, and the other half to be added 45 minutes into the boil.

Here's the issue:

Not thinking, I added the second half of the LME right after the hot break occurred, and right before I added my bittering hops (1oz of Warrior).

After realizing what I had just done,I just kept on moving like nothing happened.

Have I messed up? How bad of a mistake was this?

Sorry for the lack of details..posting from my iPhone while standing in front of the kettle. :)

Thanks!
:mug:

Matt

It won't even be that much of a difference. If you've made this recipe before, you'll notice. but if this is the first time, you're not going to taste it and say "Wow... that's not bitter!" or anything. It'll be a slightly different beer, but totally drinkable still.

Thanks guys! I'm not too worried about it tasting a little "off" or varying from what it's "supposed" to taste like...

It's my first homebrew..you live and you learn!

Back