Only a Mac user would do this....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwampassJ

Reaction score
Using their powerful laptop, much more over their new Ipad, to hold up their new IPAD which is just an oversized Iphone.

You have an excellent laptop that would do anything short of hardcore gaming on and you're using it to prop up something running on a slow ARM chip. All the while sitting in public so you look cool being trendy at the coffee shop. Makes me want to switch back to Linux.

340x_129151767154301937.jpg

man, that's just sad. yesterday I went to best buy to price some TV's and decided while I was there to go check out the iPad and play around with it for a second. there weren't a lot of people waiting to check out the three they had on display but on the guys using the display (for an inordinate amount of time I might add) had HIS brand new iPad in the box tucked under his arm that he hadn't bought yet. seriously. this ****** couldn't take the 5 minutes to wait in line, pay, and open the box so he had to stay in the store and play on the store display. ****** bag....

I'm always amazed at the plethora of Macbooks at the coffee shop I sometimes go to.

Makes me want to cover up the Apple logo on the back of my phone if I use it there.

I just don't get the iPad. It's under powered, doesn't have a real OS, no camera, no USB ports. Seriously, it's not even an oversized iPhone because it doesn't even have the phone! More of an oversized iPod Touch.

It is pretty (IMO), and it'd be nice for web-browsing, but there's no way I could justify it. My iPhone can surf the Web pretty handily, and I have a laptop PC if I need something more than that.

Although I think it'd be a fun toy, I really just don't need anything in between the laptop and the iPhone, and couldn't justify spending that amount of money on something I don't need.

IF I were in the market for a reader, I would consider the iPad. Just keep in mind, Apple didn't design it to be marketable to everyone. With that in mind, I believe that it will still affect the landscape of mobile computing.

No doubt about that. And I think that'll be good for everyone.

+1

I hate the iPod, but if Apple hadn't come out with it we'd still have MP3 players that were the size of a Sony Walkman that only held 20 songs.

Apple comes out with something new, it pushes the market and everyone makes better stuff. I have a touchscreen phone and I love it, but HTC never would have made it if the iPhone hadn't come out.

Back