Online Recipe Creation Site?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennydeaton

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Hopefully this is the best place to post this. I've been using Beersmith 2 for a while now to create recipes, conversions, keep notes, etc... and really love it. However, I'd really like to be able to access and add notes to my recipes when not at the computer and on brew day (from my phone or laptop). I'm constantly tweaking things and keep copious notes with each brew so I can replicate them easily and also troubleshoot when something goes wrong.

Are there any sites out there that offer the functionality that Beersmith offers in a web-based format? Specifically I'm looking for a site that offers a good recipe creation tool (with a customizable ingredients database), calculators, conversion tools, note taking capabilities, etc. Anyone know of any?

Thanks!
Denny

I was not aware that beertools had an online version. I thought it was the install-based software only. I'll check that out, as well as brew builder. Thanks!

I've seen a few sites online that are decent attempts at recipe creation tools but most seem rather clunky interface-wise, and the recipes are public once you post them. I'm really just looking for a place to create and store all my recipes privately, with nice tools and accessibility from anywhere (not just on the computer you created it). I don't have a problem with publicly sharing some of my recipes, but I would like the choice of whether the recipes are viewable publicly or not.

I've used brewology101.com, mostly because they have an app for my phone. I've used tastybrew.com too and that seems pretty good. I just played with the hopville recipe builder a little and it looks good too, I like that you can select first wort hops with it. They all seem to be pretty close to each other with only slight differences with the same recipe. Which of these has been the mose accurate for you guys, or which do you prefer?

Back