Online homebrew shop weights

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WaltG

Reaction score
So recently had to start going online for ingredients and noticed efficiency going up which I attributed to having my own grain mill but then came up at 97% eff so I thought maybe the 10lb bags of grain from morebeer are more than 10lb.

Anyone ever weigh them?

Here ya go.

NIByDmQ.jpg

7RAJkrd.jpg

kMEd1hz.jpg

LvEgseD.jpg

So, yeah, 10ish pounds each (the bag probably weighs an ounce).

The only calibration weights I have are for use with reloading scales. The heaviest one weighs 50 g. On my cheap-ass kitchen scale that weight shows 51 g. Scaled up to 10 lbs at about half a gram heavy per oz my scale would be pretty optimistic so those bags might be a few ounces lighter on an accurate scale.

Last edited:
My experience is that they're pretty close, as the above graphics suggest.

I don't recall ever getting grains in the exact weight I needed for a recipe, so unless they came in under the weight I needed, I'd never know.

I weight each grain type on brew day (or sometimes the night before) and put them all in one bag. Then I just have my "kit" ready to mill all in one bag.

Back