Online Exposure

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have used the same name online for several years. At some point I tried to keep my real name and online presence separate, but I always try to refrain from ever posting anything that would be hurtful to others. Well, not mean-spirited or malicious, anyway.

Anyone ever Google their screen name? It's like a history of every stoopid comment you've ever made.

And now I've got another search result :rockin:

Heh. I'm in my 20s so I've been online since I was a young and dumb kid. I remember changing all of my screen-names around 19 because you could pull up a lot of very, very retarded posts of mine. The internet definitely lets all of your dumb stuff become apparent. On anything related to my name like Facebook I stick to the ol' "What if my Grandma were reading this?" approach. But forums like these? Sheeeeeiiiit.

I've had several screen names. Most of my forum involvement has been hit and run though. Hit em up for what I need and runaway, never to be seen again. Yall just got lucky.

Just googled my username and one post on this site (among many millions) came up. Nothing is secret/hidden on the web, especially with how Google is approaching their online presence and keeping logs for so long....

The worst is when you have a good nickname you like using and then some ******* starts using it too and Google returns your name on manga forums or something ridiculous.

Missouri? If the chick has six friends, it's probably mine. An attempt to use the fb offshoot of another forum, but I forgot my password. And I can never remember the real names that correspond to screen names. Just confused me. :eek:

my usual screen name is "mjohnson". Like my real name - first one is Michael, you can figure out the last one - Kinda' anonymous...

Back