On the benefits of making beer...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerninja

Reaction score
so 1st benefit making beer has endeared me to my soon to be father-in-law you know who wants a tie on fathers day when you can get homebrew

2nd. great beer on demand. nuff said.

3rd. ive noticed people want to be my friend more...not sure if thats a benefit

4th on the hand, ive meet some great people at the local beer club.

5th GREAT BEER!

You can make beer the way you like it, instead of relying on somebody else telling you what you should like. All those times you taste beer and think, "Man I wish this had more _____ ." Also, it's just fun!

Benefits of making beer? That's easy. Civilization's advance has unburdened us of the daily striving just to live to such an extent that we now suffer from a superabundance of leisure time (deny it while pondering pioneer life). Some fill that time kneeling on their lawns until after dark pulling weeds that only they can see. Some fill that time endlessly washing and detailing their cars in their driveways. And some.... sudoko. And that, my friends, is why we brew beer.

One of the reasons (benefits I suppose) I brew is so I can make large quantities of beer I would otherwise have one or two selections of, or maybe something that's in a "mixed seasonal pack" or something. IE: I can buy hundreds of different styles of IPA, Amber Ale, Amercian Lager etc... but how many Maple Syrup Nut Browns are there out there?

Also, I'm a big Oktoberfest fan - but its a bit harder to find that in the store in April than it is to brew it in my basement :)

The explanation seems to be that moderate drinkers (1-3 drinks a day) live longer than non-drinkers because drinking reduces stress (like cracking open a homebrew after a day at work) and because drinking leads to an increase in social interactions (like having friends come over and drink your homebrew/ going to breweries/brewpubs and chatting with people), and an increase in social interactions increases longevity. So basically, have 1-3 hombrews a day, doctor's orders!:mug:

over time your initial investment ends up saving you money on what you would have spent on craft brew and/or gifts for beer enthusiasts in your family

Latest posts

Back