On-Line Grain Purchase- Crushed or Not

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The ONLY issue I have here is taht everything gets combined into a single sack at BMW. Thus, "IF" your order gets shorted and the bag weight doesn;t match up to the total grain weight you have no idea what is missing and by how much.

Otherwise, it's a great idea.

eek, has that ever happened? i've never measured my sacks

the way to separate out multiple beers is to use the brewbuilder. or, if you have larger amounts, just make a note, like (keep the 5lb crystal separate) and he'll accommodate.

i'd rather deal with this than have a million little baggies of 1/3lb of random grains lying around my basement because i had to buy a full pound.

I have only ever had one experience with BMW and my order was shorted on a few items. Everything was corrected in record time but, it does cause me some concern regarding the grains. I was, however, assured that if any kitted grain order came up short of the total that a new kit would be shipped to replace.

I ordered a few kits that day and have only measured one and it measured up to the total.

Given the response I have had so far, I will order from BMW again but will use caution ragarding kits with mutiple grains.

Midwest will crush your grains unless you select "no" when you're checking out.

If you ask them in the note section, they will accomodate you. I am not talking about ordering kits, but, a few times I ordered grains for multiple recipes at the same time. I just asked if they could package in certian amounts and they did.
Brewmasters crush causes an increase in efficiency... And it is a great online shop!

I get my grains at BMW (it's my LHBS) and I've never had a problem with what they give me. My grain has always weighed out correct.

Back