Old(used) beer line for CO2?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Atvar

Reaction score
I recently purchased some 1/4" barb gas QDs, along with 5/16" gas line which is too large. My temporary plan is to use old beer line that will fit the barbs. I had retired the line because it had sat for a long time before cleaning, appeared to have some white spots after cleaning, and didn't want to risk infection. Do you think a shot of BLC + starsan would remove contamination risk if used as CO2 line?

Next order, I'll get the right tubing/fittings to make everything work. I'm mostly curious if anyone else thought of or tried to recycling old liquid lines for gas.

I recently purchased some 1/4" barb gas QDs, along with 5/16" gas line which is too large. My temporary plan is to use old beer line that will fit the barbs. I had retired the line because it had sat for a long time before cleaning, appeared to have some white spots after cleaning, and didn't want to risk infection. Do you think a shot of BLC + starsan would remove contamination risk if used as CO2 line?

Next order, I'll get the right tubing/fittings to make everything work. I'm mostly curious if anyone else thought of or tried to recycling old liquid lines for gas.

I wouldn't but supposedly nothing can grow in a 100% c02 environment. I would just get new barbs, as I like the 5/16" red gas tubing I have.

I would say go to your hardware store and just buy some tubing there, don't worry about a special order. I definitely wouldn't use old beerline.

Back