Old School brewer reborn - CT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Codfishhead

Reaction score
Figured since I’m searching the hell out of this site for info I would say hello.

First THANK YOU all for posting a ton of great info. CHEERS!:mug:

I’m Jay from CT. Just getting back into brewing after taking many years off raising 4 children. Now that they’re drinking all my dam beer I want to get brewing.

I’m planning on making a 3 keg system. I used to have one 25 yrs ago. 3 tier gravity fed. Now I see all kinds of new gadgets on your very sweet setups. I’m already looking to buy a pump with quick disconnects. Debating on plate chiller. I’m a manual type hands on guy so I’ll skip the automation/electrical part. By the way this is all prepping for something bigger I wanted to do 25 yrs ago.

I’ll try searching before bothering you people.

Jay

Thank you John

I'm all over it. :mug:

Heading out to a Harpoon Dinner now. 5 courses with beer used in all the foods plus paired with each course.:ban:

:tank:

Sweet! I had a great beer day on Tuesday. Had dinner in a pub with 52 taps, met another homebrewer there. Went to my homebrew club meeting, had some really good samples of homebrew. Also a couple of craft beers from a distributor, including Bourbon County Coffee Stout. Then on the way home, the donut guy gave me an extra donut!
:rockin:

Nice john. Sounds like a good time had by all and a dougnut to boot. Can't beat that with a stick.

I had an unexpected home brew tasting last night after the dinner as well. They were better than most of the breweries producing IPA’s in CT. Well really NEB makes Gandhi BOT double IPA and Two Roads white and double IPA are all I have to compare to. Besides those beers no IPA’s in CT even rank IMPO. This homebrewer will soon be producing his own beers in a brewer in CT. I for one can’t wait.

Check out the menu we had last night. ROCKED! Not to mention I got a bunch of Harpoon swag n free 100 barrels bottles to top it off. My table hit the lotto during the raffle.

H a r p o o n B r e w e r y Beer Dinner

Reception Beer: UFO White

Brown IPA - 100 Barrel Series #49
Salad: Grilled romain heart salad with a honey 100 barrel brown IPA vinaigrette
Appetizer: Cream cheese stuffed mushroom cap spiced and infused with Harpoon Brown IPA

Harpoon Leviathan IPA
Main Course: Panko crusted Mahi Mahi topped with a orange salsa over a bed of roasted vegetable tabouleh salad

Harpoon Black Forest
Dessert: Chocolate cookie and expresso ice cream cookie sandwich

Back