Old Home brewer Resurrected!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spkrck

Reaction score
Hi Folks! I have returned to home brewing, after a 27 year break. I brewed from 1990 to about 1995. I bottled everything. I filled the sterilized bottles, and my late wife capped them immediately. We had cases of filled tavern bottles of all kinds of beer styles, stacked against the dinning room wall at all times. Now, I am kegging my beer. I sure wish I had done that in the first place!
I stumbled across this site while searching for heavily fruited sour recipes. I would like to do a hybrid clone of Mortalis Hydra and Froth Liquid Lollipop. I had always suspected that they
had a high ABV sour base, and just added the puree of what ever fruits they wanted to use. But, how do they keep the puree and beer mixed in the keg?
Glad to have found this site! I look forward to learning, and sharing here.

Welcome back! I love my kegs, but still keep a case or two of bottles. They make it easy to age beer, or gift some.
I haven't made any sours, but I'm sure someone on HBT has answers for you.

But, how do they keep the puree and beer mixed in the keg?

well i'm embarressed to admit i'm drinking orange juice now, like i didn't shake the jug....the flavor is there, and i know the kegs going to kick instead of when the beer is crystal claer, but when pulp starts flowing....hope that helps.

And, Welcome! :mug:

Back