Old Brewing logs, record, formulations etc.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elbrewer

Reaction score
Hi, I am looking for help in finding Information such as old brewing logs and records for brewing pre-prohibition and beers from the 1940 - 1970. I have been brewing off and on for over 40 years and recently I have concentrated on brewing these types of beers. I did find a beer blog that was very interesting and useful (Oshkosh Beer), but that's about it. I am particularly interested in the details of the mashing and other information of this type.

Attachments

• Aug 1971 log.JPG
    Aug 1971 log.JPG
    386 KB · Views: 0
There was an issue of BYO a while back that had recipes for several of the mid-twentieth century lagers. You could probably buy it out of their archives.

Thanks for the info. I have found several clone recipes on BYO and brewed a few of them i.e. Olympia, Schlitz, Hamms etc. The recipes were good but appeared to be simplified for homebrewers. What I am looking for is the detail in the mashing and formulation. I have no problem doing a double mash, using grits, rice etc.

Thanks again

Back